Deciding 37 vs 35 tooth rear sprocket on 2013, 19 on Front is correct

Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Thanks rbike. What price were you quoted?
I'm getting two sprockets - a 19 Front & 35 Rear. Both are being made in steel. Honestly due to difficult communications, I am not sure if they are plain steel or stainless like Chip's sprockets. I am assuming the later.

Price slightly over $135 included s&h.

I ordered & picked up yesterday, spare wheel studs, front sprocket washer & bolt, rear wheel lock nuts, and 2 (1 spare) chain master. I will cut/shorten the chain as necessary and re-rivet it with the new master to the correct size. I will also install new lock nuts to the correct wheel torques.

I just heard from 7GD, "The sprockets are clear coated only, they are made from 1045 stock." That's why they look stainless. Common misperception, SS is always better - reality SS is not as strong as good steel.

Here are technical #s for simple comparison purposes - don't look if you are prone to headaches
http://www.onealsteel.com/carbon-steel-bar-cd-1045.html
http://www.onealsteel.com/stainless-steel-bar-304.html
http://www.onealsteel.com/stainless-steel-bar-316.html
 
Thread starter
Update 11/25/2015: I am going to finish the 19T front sprocket I receive from 7GD in Bright Nickel and the rear 35T in Yellow Zinc. The bright nickel (think of as chrome) is the strongest/best finish for durability (lack of rust) with the yellow zinc just behind it. With that in mind, the Yellow zinc will have a great personality and add to the bling of my mod - oops farkles.

I'll be posting pics when it is done for all to decide for themselves.
 
Thread starter
I'm reopening (new Post) this item because I should receive my steel 35T rear sprocket in the next week or two- YEAH! I expect this to be the best farkle of mine yet. I'll post pics when I get it & installed.
 
Hello,

Did anyone find a new source for a 37t rear sprocket - steel or aluminum ?

I'm running the 19t front and for my personal preference and use, I would like to try out and pair the 19t front with the 37 rear .

For my own riding requirement, I realized it's not dropping freeway rpm or mpg but compared to my other bikes I need the least amount of rpm/engine breaking/jerking at throttle esp in 4,5 gears . The 19t front is much better but would like to experiment as the CB is def not too tall in first gear yet.

Thanks.
 
Thread starter
To all that have been following this thread - No excuses, but I have been overwhelmed with ..... I have all the parts, but have not yet installed them. I look forward to doing the 35/19 mod in the next few months.

I am also going to Redo my Tank - stand by for that!

FYI, I just picked up a new RV - Prior New TT (traded In) and now the New RV have taken most of my time.
 
Very much looking forward to the 19/35 sprocket report ..

I still haven't been able to find a 37 rear sprocket yet to test with my 19 front ..
 
I contacted PBI sprockets and found the 37 tooth rear aluminum sprocket for the CB 1100 fits the 530 chain on order .. waiting to install the 37 and report back with the 19 front / 37 rear combo .. looking forward to the OP's 35 tooth report

Items
Qty Item # Description Price Each Total
1 3071- 3071- CBR-600F2/F3, CB-900F, CBR-900RR, VTR-1000F, CB-1100.
Aluminum Rear Spkt. Teeth:Aluminum 37
$60.35 $60.3
 
Refer to Gearing Commandef on line. It has been helpful to me for selecting sprockets for many bikes. Of course the speedometer will no longer be accurate. Have fun!
 
I installed the 19 and 37 combo and have a few hundred miles on the setup and I noticed I don't even think about the gearing/rpm while riding anymore so very happy with the smoothness without the abrupt engine braking on rolling off in any gear which is my preference ..

Looking forward to the 19 /35 combo setup from rbike
 
Thread starter
Hello all!!!!

I've still (at times) see posts, but I have been tied up with many issues, projects, ... Have not had time to finish redoing Tank or install the 35/19 sprockets - both are just sitting here crying for attention. It should not be much longer.

Over the past year (my absence) I've been involved with my first interactions with the TT (travel trailer) and now RV communities. FIRST A BIG SHOUT OUT TO THIS FORUM! Everyone here has set such a high standard that no other forum can begin to even be on the same page. No arguments, little disagreement on FACTS, just everyone trying to help and do good. So many retired elderly members in the RV forums with noting to do after they wake, they just look for ways to disagree (argue). Some need to have a cup of coffee first, put down the breewsky, or possibly go to "confession" before signing on, many after - lol. This forum ROCKS!

Promise, as soon as I get the time, I will perform my promised tank refinishing, and install the sprockets. Pictures and results will be made available to all.

I am convinced that just as I took my RV out for the first time after fixing dozens of warranty issues that should never have left he factory that way and performing all of my upgrades (mostly electrical 100% off grid capability) I will have positive results (with my CB100)because a good outcome is the result of detailed proper planning and execution.

Normally I would have performed full systems test prior to the first trip in the RV, but limited time dictated otherwise. I had enough faith in my design (that I've been doing as an OEM) and my quality of work (like many on this forum likewise) that I was confident everything would be OK and it was.

BTW, based on my confidence in the 35/19 results I expect, I will make the 37 I never used or installed available.

No I have missed riding for a year now - no comments please. Due to the limits of RV manufacturing design, I will at some point probably get a 150cc Honda mc/scooter (http://powersports.honda.com/2018/pcx.aspx) to attach to the rear. NO car or towing is in my design. I would like the 250, but 300# or less is a requirement. I used up 200# manufacturing & installing a spare wheel assembly - can you believe they no longer provide spare wheel/tires?

'sorry I've been MIA, but still view in free moments.
 
Welcome back.

I installed a new rear sprocket recently, dropped 2rear teeth, and believe the change to be an excellent improvement. Satisfied for now, have a 19T countershaft sprocket on the shelf and might do that later, or might not.
 
Hi rbike
I've sent you a PM about the 37 tooth sprocket.

Cheers
CT

rbike_imp said:
Hello all!!!!

I've still (at times) see posts, but I have been tied up with many issues, projects, ... Have not had time to finish redoing Tank or install the 35/19 sprockets - both are just sitting here crying for attention. It should not be much longer.

Over the past year (my absence) I've been involved with my first interactions with the TT (travel trailer) and now RV communities. FIRST A BIG SHOUT OUT TO THIS FORUM! Everyone here has set such a high standard that no other forum can begin to even be on the same page. No arguments, little disagreement on FACTS, just everyone trying to help and do good. So many retired elderly members in the RV forums with noting to do after they wake, they just look for ways to disagree (argue). Some need to have a cup of coffee first, put down the breewsky, or possibly go to "confession" before signing on, many after - lol. This forum ROCKS!

Promise, as soon as I get the time, I will perform my promised tank refinishing, and install the sprockets. Pictures and results will be made available to all.

I am convinced that just as I took my RV out for the first time after fixing dozens of warranty issues that should never have left he factory that way and performing all of my upgrades (mostly electrical 100% off grid capability) I will have positive results (with my CB100)because a good outcome is the result of detailed proper planning and execution.

Normally I would have performed full systems test prior to the first trip in the RV, but limited time dictated otherwise. I had enough faith in my design (that I've been doing as an OEM) and my quality of work (like many on this forum likewise) that I was confident everything would be OK and it was.

BTW, based on my confidence in the 35/19 results I expect, I will make the 37 I never used or installed available.

No I have missed riding for a year now - no comments please. Due to the limits of RV manufacturing design, I will at some point probably get a 150cc Honda mc/scooter (http://powersports.honda.com/2018/pcx.aspx) to attach to the rear. NO car or towing is in my design. I would like the 250, but 300# or less is a requirement. I used up 200# manufacturing & installing a spare wheel assembly - can you believe they no longer provide spare wheel/tires?

'sorry I've been MIA, but still view in free moments.
 
Back
Top