I had a death wobble on a 1981 Suzuki GS1100 one night in the early 1980's. I had a medium size handle-bar fairing which may have contributed to the wobble. When I rolled onto the highway, I cranked in the power to the max and soon the front end started going wild. I got off the throttle, but things just kept getting worse. Soon it was so bad I was sure the rear-end was getting ready to come around and put me down. I stayed off the front brake, but gradually eased on the rear brake, which slowed the bike and stopped the wobble. After that ride, I got rid of the handlebar fairing and never had the problem again. It was a very unnerving experience. I firmly believe that gradually rolling off the throttle while also gradually applying the rear brake is what saved me and my bike that night. I also believe that the heavy handlebar fairing and very hard acceleration caused the wobble.