dead CB1100

That sucks okredneck. I’m pleased you’re relatively OK, although a broken pelvis and feet can’t be pleasant. Hope your recovery is quick and relatively pain free.

It’s very sad news about your CB1100. I don’t want to seem callous, but it seems there’s a few good deals on new 2014 standards if you’re of a mind to ride again.
 
I’m really sorry to hear this Okredneck. I hope you get well quickly and everything turns out ok.
 
OKR, Rest up and get well. You've been through a lot. Sounds like you have good perspective and attitude on getting better. Take care and keep us posted.
 
I hope that you are young enough to heal quickly and completely. As a geezer 1st class, stuff doesn't seem to go back together like it used to for me. Good luck and I hope you ate riding again soon.
 
Glad you survived to tell the tale. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, but at the same time take all the time you need and dont be tempted to push it.
 
What a bad experience for you OKRN! This could happen to any of us. Hoping you have a fast and speedy recovery!
 
Brother,

As someone who was rear-ended while on their CB, I feel for ya. My injuries paled in comparison to yours. Glad you are alive! The integrity of the CB probably saved me from more serious injury, I like to think the same happened with you.

I had the jitters my first ride after the accident but soon after all was well. But I'm even more hyper-vigilant than ever, and pretty much run every yellow light now rather than be a sitting duck at a red light.

Best to you in a fast recovery. Please update us on your progress, we care.
 
Thread starter
Labrador12_imp said:
I hope that you are young enough to heal quickly and completely. As a geezer 1st class, stuff doesn't seem to go back together like it used to for me. Good luck and I hope you ate riding again soon.
Well at 63 I am not a young man but am in fair shape so hope to recover soon
 
okredneck_imp said:
Labrador12_imp said:
I hope that you are young enough to heal quickly and completely. As a geezer 1st class, stuff doesn't seem to go back together like it used to for me. Good luck and I hope you ate riding again soon.
Well at 63 I am not a young man but am in fair shape so hope to recover soon

:thumbsup:
 
Oh man okredneck. Hope you get better quickly. the feet. ouch. I can commiserate having eaten it in 2015 and was laid up three months. I am 62 and back riding wild, and going to the track and riding dual sports off road. So worry not!!
 
okredneck_imp said:
I regret to announce my 2014 cb1100 died a painful death Wednesday April 11th when a 98 ford Taurus pulled in front of me about 4 miles from my home. I suffered a broken pelvis and both feet were broken in a couple of places but I will recover in about 16 weeks. The beloved CB1100 will not recover. RIP

Sorry to hear about your crash. Heal well!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I am hoping you have a swift, straightforward recovery! I am 63 also, and in pretty good fettle. Imagining having your injuries will keep me all the more vigilant out there on the mean streets. Hopefully you can find a dealer fairly close offering a sweet deal on a 2014. They are out there.
 
Back
Top