Dead batterie on my 2017

My original battery only lasted 2 1/2 years, so consider yourself lucky. And I live in a climate where I do not have to store my bike over the long, winter months. This is why I now use a battery tender for all of my bikes (I own three battery tenders, and they're all plugged in right now.)
 
Some lead-acid-based chargers come with a "de-sulphate" option. This can sometimes significantly extend the life of the battery as long as a cell (or more) isn't too far gone.
 
Houtman_imp said:

This is exactly what happened to me last month. The OEM battery in my 2017 EX just died. It had seemed slow to start a week before, so I put it on the charger and it seemed fine - then next week, nothing.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Four years isn’t very impressive. Do you not keep your battery on a tender / maintainer when the bike is not being ridden?
As I ride all my CB 1100's at least once a week in the spring/summer/fall and probably twice a month in the winter I do not keep them on any chargers and my garage is always 55-60 degree in the winter. Having owned my 2013 for 7 years and my 2014 for 6 years I was surprised that the batterie on my 2017 did not make it 4 years. As said before no big deal as I would have replaced it anyway this summer.
Is Global warming the cause of our batteries lasting a shorter time....
 
I don’t know about climate change, but due to the lousy weather here, I’m only able to ride (reliably) during a 3-4 month period in the summer, and because I have several bikes, not every bike gets ridden every week. That said, I typically get 7-8 years from no-name, $50 mail order batteries. The bikes are kept on Battery Tenders when not ridden, hence my surprise that you’re only getting about half as much life from yours as I do from mine (especially considering how frequently you ride).
 
Back
Top