Daytona seat, motodemic headlights, and paint

Ferrealls_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Phase 2 complete. Removed Kijima grab bar. Added Daytona seat, motodemic headlight, did some body work to the tank and painted it. Tried to go with some woodcraft clip ons but I didn't like them once them were in place. Ended up with some dime city bars that are very similar to the renthal ultra lows, but don't have quite as much sweep.

 
It looks very, well ... black. Great work, Ferrealls.
 
Alaska looks more summer like than Ohio.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
It looks very, well ... black. Great work, Ferrealls.

Ha. Yeah, kind of just ended up that way. Almost went with a green/grey for the tank and panels but hot rod black was the cheaper/easier method at the time. I'm sure I'll be itching to change it down the road, but that's just par for the course at this point.
 
Ferrealls_imp said:
Phase 2 complete. Removed Kijima grab bar. Added Daytona seat, motodemic headlight, did some body work to the tank and painted it. Tried to go with some woodcraft clip ons but I didn't like them once them were in place. Ended up with some dime city bars that are very similar to the renthal ultra lows, but don't have quite as much sweep.
Can you provide more info about that headlight? I'm guessing you used the 7 Inch LED Headlight Evo 2? Did you choose the metric style? Do you need to buy new mounting brackets? Does it simply plug into the existing headlight H4 socket or do you have to rewire?
 
Thread starter
olekzap_imp said:
Ferrealls_imp said:
Phase 2 complete. Removed Kijima grab bar. Added Daytona seat, motodemic headlight, did some body work to the tank and painted it. Tried to go with some woodcraft clip ons but I didn't like them once them were in place. Ended up with some dime city bars that are very similar to the renthal ultra lows, but don't have quite as much sweep.
Can you provide more info about that headlight? I'm guessing you used the 7 Inch LED Headlight Evo 2? Did you choose the metric style? Do you need to buy new mounting brackets? Does it simply plug into the existing headlight H4 socket or do you have to rewire?
Can you provide more info about that headlight? I'm guessing you used the 7 Inch LED Headlight Evo 2? Did you choose the metric style? Do you need to buy new mounting brackets? Does it simply plug into the existing headlight H4 socket or do you have to rewire?
Good questions, olekzap.

Yes, used the 7 inch EVO 2. It's the drop in headlight replacement for Triumph Bonneville and Thruxton. I also ordered an OEM Triumph bucket. The metric and british styles are for full headlight replacement and refer to the shape of the back of the bucket, but that's not what you'd want here.

I did buy new mounting brackets. The Dart flyscreen brackets are the perfect length, so I just ordered a set of those instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

No wiring needed, plugs straight into the H4 receptacle.

Here are the links to the bucket and drop in light:

Headlight Unit - LED Headlight for Triumph Bonneville & Thruxton
Bucket - OEM Triumph Headlight Bucket
 
Hey Ferrealls (and anyone else who owns it too) - how has this particular seat been treating you? I'm considering getting it for myself as a Xmas present =)
 
Rolls_imp said:
"Darth Vader, your CB11 is ready."

j/k - looks super cool all murdered out. Well done!
:rofl: just saw Rogue 1, he must have been out riding for most of the movie
 
I have had this seat for almost two years and I find it to be great. It lowers you just a little and gives you the in the bike feel instead of on top of bike feel. It is very comfortable and looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
Rolls_imp said:
"Darth Vader, your CB11 is ready."

j/k - looks super cool all murdered out. Well done!
:rofl: just saw Rogue 1, he must have been out riding for most of the movie
:rofl: just saw Rogue 1, he must have been out riding for most of the movie
Yep! I just spent last night watching Empire Strikes Back with my son, as I catch up on past ones in preparation for going to Rogue 1. I'm so out of date on my Star Wars. :biker:
 
Back
Top