Daytona cafe seat and Chic design rear fender

uscgmac_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just pulled the trigger on a Daytona cafe seat and chic design rear fender. Was looking on eBay then decided to try the actual webike web site and found out not only was it cheaper but with the two combined I received free shipping and a new customer discount. Paid 533.00 for both with free shipping. It sounds like a deal to me I guess. Saved like 100.00 if not more just in the shipping alone. I haven't seen much reviews on the seat but if anyone has it or the fender and want to give a shout out on how they like it would be great. After this I think I will have achieved my perfect for me CB1100. Now the hard part is waiting for it to get hear from japan. They say the parts are in stock.
 
Sounds like a good deal to me, congrats! Should be sharp and it's always cool when your bike achieves personal perfection.
 
Waiting on the brown leather café seat I bought off Lola. Since I have a Guzzi V7R I needed a café seat on the CB like I needed another hole in my head but it looked so good in the pictures he posted I couldn't pass it up.
 
Thread starter
Their from tech spec. Actually made to order for the bonniville. Got them on eBay. I've had them on other bikes, they are great. Visit their website. They go on easy and can be peeled right off and readjusted as many times as needed. Mine are the shark skin design.
 
Wellll, look who is posting pics like a pro now lol

That is a good looking seat!
 
Looking at the pic on the side-stand, those crash bars look a bit low, have you had a buddy help put that bike on its side to make sure you have enough clearance in case of in emergency? We have had a member hit them, he crossed lanes and ended up in a ditch, he was lucky. I would make sure your at least compressing those foot-pegs before the bars touch down. BTW bike looks good!!!
 
Seat and fender looks good. I ask about that seat for my DLX but was told it wouldn't fit so I bought the Chic sport trunk. Looks like it fits well. I'm liking your fender. How is the fit and finish on the fender?
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
Looking at the pic on the side-stand, those crash bars look a bit low, have you had a buddy help put that bike on its side to make sure you have enough clearance in case of in emergency? We have had a member hit them, he crossed lanes and ended up in a ditch, he was lucky. I would make sure your at least compressing those foot-pegs before the bars touch down. BTW bike looks good!!!
That's just an optical illusion. They are Honda OEM engine guards and have plenty of Clarence. If I'm dragging them that means I've already crashed, lol. You would have to be touching the frame, center stand and exhaust before they touch.
JF Coastal_imp said:
Your bike looks great uscgmac !
Thanks
4fout2_imp said:
Seat and fender looks good. I ask about that seat for my DLX but was told it wouldn't fit so I bought the Chic sport trunk. Looks like it fits well. I'm liking your fender. How is the fit and finish on the fender?
The fit and finish on the fender is OK. I got the black gel coat, non painted because bike is black already. The fender is real light, not much to it. Its actually quite thin. It feels a little flimsy but I'm sure it will hold up fine. It really cuts down in the bulk of the rear and much cleaner look. Word of advice, the pre drilled holes for the plate do not match USA plates. You either can purchase the licence plate adapter bracket which will accomidate the US plate or rig something yourself. I'm using an older plate so as a quick fix for now I just used some tin snips and altered the mounting holes on my plate. I've ordered the conversion bracket and a new gold color NY plate from DMV so when they arrive I'll change that.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
Looking at the pic on the side-stand, those crash bars look a bit low, have you had a buddy help put that bike on its side to make sure you have enough clearance in case of in emergency? We have had a member hit them, he crossed lanes and ended up in a ditch, he was lucky. I would make sure your at least compressing those foot-pegs before the bars touch down. BTW bike looks good!!!
That's just an optical illusion. They are Honda OEM engine guards and have plenty of Clarence. If I'm dragging them that means I've already crashed, lol. You would have to be touching the frame, center stand and exhaust before they touch.
JF Coastal_imp said:
Your bike looks great uscgmac !
Thanks
4fout2_imp said:
Seat and fender looks good. I ask about that seat for my DLX but was told it wouldn't fit so I bought the Chic sport trunk. Looks like it fits well. I'm liking your fender. How is the fit and finish on the fender?
The fit and finish on the fender is OK. I got the black gel coat, non painted because bike is black already. The fender is real light, not much to it. Its actually quite thin. It feels a little flimsy but I'm sure it will hold up fine. It really cuts down in the bulk of the rear and much cleaner look. Word of advice, the pre drilled holes for the plate do not match USA plates. You either can purchase the licence plate adapter bracket which will accomidate the US plate or rig something yourself. I'm using an older plate so as a quick fix for now I just used some tin snips and altered the mounting holes on my plate. I've ordered the conversion bracket and a new gold color NY plate from DMV so when they arrive I'll change that.

 
Thread starter
Haha, OK got me good. Sorry its clearance. My computer has a mind of its own. I usually am using my tablet with a touch screen and small key board. Very easy to fat finger things. That doesn't sound very good either, lol.
 
VERY nice looking!
To be honest, I've been a bit lukewarm about the black CBs, but I have to say, that is an absolute knockout! Great job on the mods! :thumbsup:
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Haha, OK got me good. Sorry its clearance. My computer has a mind of its own. I usually am using my tablet with a touch screen and small key board. Very easy to fat finger things. That doesn't sound very good either, lol.
its just my sense of humor.
when i see something posted and it reminds of something i try to post a video.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
Looking at the pic on the side-stand, those crash bars look a bit low, have you had a buddy help put that bike on its side to make sure you have enough clearance in case of in emergency? We have had a member hit them, he crossed lanes and ended up in a ditch, he was lucky. I would make sure your at least compressing those foot-pegs before the bars touch down. BTW bike looks good!!!
That's just an optical illusion. They are Honda OEM engine guards and have plenty of Clarence. If I'm dragging them that means I've already crashed, lol. You would have to be touching the frame, center stand and exhaust before they touch.
JF Coastal_imp said:
Your bike looks great uscgmac !
Thanks
4fout2_imp said:
Seat and fender looks good. I ask about that seat for my DLX but was told it wouldn't fit so I bought the Chic sport trunk. Looks like it fits well. I'm liking your fender. How is the fit and finish on the fender?
The fit and finish on the fender is OK. I got the black gel coat, non painted because bike is black already. The fender is real light, not much to it. Its actually quite thin. It feels a little flimsy but I'm sure it will hold up fine. It really cuts down in the bulk of the rear and much cleaner look. Word of advice, the pre drilled holes for the plate do not match USA plates. You either can purchase the licence plate adapter bracket which will accomidate the US plate or rig something yourself. I'm using an older plate so as a quick fix for now I just used some tin snips and altered the mounting holes on my plate. I've ordered the conversion bracket and a new gold color NY plate from DMV so when they arrive I'll change that.
That's just an optical illusion. They are Honda OEM engine guards and have plenty of Clarence. If I'm dragging them that means I've already crashed, lol. You would have to be touching the frame, center stand and exhaust before they touch.
The member with issues had aftermarket crash-bars, i just didn't want to leave the thread without mentioning the above. All good and better safe than sorry.
 
Back
Top