Daytona Bullet fairing

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I've never seen this fairing before. Anyone familiar with it? I think it looks stunning, especially on this '78 XS1100. The bike has 24,000 miles and is for sale on Denver Craigslist for $2800. I have no relationship with the seller.

I especially like the color match, but while they were at it, they should have color-matched the grips to the tires.



6d459259b809910747cb4a013db78af0.jpg



04f1b75db702913107a38d285236d52b.jpg
 
man I don't even recognize that and that was my era in the industry. Btw the XS1100 std was one of my favorite bikes from back then.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, I happened across that too. I'm still puzzled by who the manufacturer is. I don't recall seeing these advertised or evaluated in the motorcycle magazines of the day, and I certainly don't recall ever seeing one in the flesh. The fact that ferret is stumped too speaks volumes!
 
yea Rboe that's not it. That looks a lot like the Vetter.Shape is wrong and hand guards are wrong. It's closer to the Gazer Monza, but don''t think that's it either.
 
There were a couple of Gazer Monzas on that blog. Could it be a custom one?
 
I've done all kinds of internet cruising trying to find this fairing. From what I can glean Pacifico fairings were made by Pacifico for Yamaha and actually looked a lot like a Windjammer. Not like the one LR found. I haven't found a single pic that looks like that one so far.
 
It'll turn out to be some handy bloke in his garage with his fibreglassing kit. It's a nice job, although to my eye, it sticks out in front a bit far.
 
Back
Top