Paulb_imp said:
I do find it interesting that we in the UK seem to get a far greater range of bikes than you get in the US ( we get three colours of CB1100) as you are obviously a larger market than us but I suppose there are two reasons. Firstly, the UK is part of Europe and we get what they get and secondly, the US is very patriotic and a large part of the domestic market must be made up of Harley's and other similar bikes. I think it would make a very interesting thread to consider the differences between the US and UK markets. Here is a fact that may surprise you Americans. From my home in Manchester I can ride to anywhere in the England and get home again in a day, and I'm talking daylight hours. How much of America could you cover in one day? Also our roads go back to the feudal system and were designed to do round the field system so unless you are on a motorway ( built in the 60's and equivalent to your interstates ) there is a bend every couple of hundred yards.
I have driven from San Jose California to Chicago Illinois in two days (with a motel stop) in a car by myself. I could probably traverse the entire country (say San Francisco to New York) in 3 days by myself, but I would be quite exhausted.
I'm not sure I'd want to try it on a bike as I don't think my rear end could take it...lol.