Dashcam for motorcycle

Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Wow! And I thought L.A. drivers were bad! That is crazy. I've always had the idea for a camera setup in the back of my head. When I had my unfortunate, but luckily minor left-turn incident earlier this year and the offending driver contested liability, I really started looking at them again, as it would have been a big help.

Your experience is exactly why I'd want a camera. Good on you for keeping your head on straight!
According to the dashcam clock there was less than 2 seconds between picture #0 & #1 and I can clearly remember asking myself which one to use, the horn or high beam flash.
I was frozen, my only reaction was to stay on course and brace for impact and hopefully fly over his roof and also not land in front of oncoming vehicles.
I didn't even see the driver (he or she) when we cross each other, everything happened so fast.
After reviewing and analyzing the footage, I realized that there were lots of room to my right side and that's why the BMW driver chose that path, He could not squeeze back into his lane since he was overtaking another vehicle which was braking to make room for him to get in (will add this picture later).
I must say/assume that my 2 bright yellow spotlights paid off since he must have recognise the yellow lights approaching and that gave him enough time to plan an escape route.

Picture #0
e59c032816298bd19ccecb8b051b7d8d.png


Picture #1
eaf95db3c95fa8751dbc18a748aa7e04.png
 
Scary and very dangerous situation.
What was the location?
I would send the photos/video clip and details to the police, there is no room on the road for such a deadly driver. He/she may already have a bad driving record.
This time was a happy end, next time one innocent may lose their life or become permanently handicap....
Alain, do it!!
 
What’s the resolution of the video, Alain?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
What’s the resolution of the video, Alain?
As per Owners manual, it is 1080P @ 30fps
The camera view angle is 140 deg.
Video format is MOV and code is H.264
 
Be worth posting the video in its full resolution on YouTube or, better, giving it to the police. I’d be surprised if they couldn’t get the licence plate off it.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Be worth posting the video in its full resolution on YouTube or, better, giving it to the police. I’d be surprised if they couldn’t get the licence plate off it.
Cannot do that, will have to bite the bullet :dodgy:

If I report this to the police then my better half will be aware of the incident and I may not ride again.
Regards
Alain
 
Absolutely not- you can make an anonymous report anywhere.

And that sh*tbag deserves harsh punishment- to not do so could mean the harm of another person.

Ever watch Spider-Man? Don’t let the bad guy run free! Greater responsibility.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi ,
I am using VSYS M6L.(from 1 year)
https://aliexpress.com/i/32725926244.html
Working good.
128GB MicroSD card = 10hours recording (front and back).
Record in 1- 5 minutes loops.

I know when and where I lost my daughter's helmet.

I also know if the camera also took a photo from the back when I exceeded the speed.
This movie is from front camera (which has better quality then rear).

The oryginal quality is better then youtube.
 
Thread starter
syncronizator_imp said:
Hi ,
I am using VSYS M6L.(from 1 year)
https://aliexpress.com/i/32725926244.html
Working good.
128GB MicroSD card = 10hours recording (front and back).
Record in 1- 5 minutes loops.

I know when and where I lost my daughter's helmet.

I also know if the camera also took a photo from the back when I exceeded the speed.
This movie is from front camera (which has better quality then rear).

The oryginal quality is better then youtube.
On mine, I disabled the microphone - I found no reason to record sound, so hopefully, if my logic is correct, this action will leave more memory for video's.
regards
Alain
 
I am not switching of the microphone because of situation when police will stop me and try to punish me with a fine for a road traffic offense I have not committed.
Or when, for example, someone from other road users starts insulting me ... it sometimes happens.
Than I can switch of the engine and record their voice.
There are many situations in which voice recording is beneficial.
 
Thread starter
syncronizator_imp said:
I am not switching of the microphone because of situation when police will stop me and try to punish me with a fine for a road traffic offense I have not committed.
Or when, for example, someone from other road users starts insulting me ... it sometimes happens.
Than I can switch of the engine and record their voice.
There are many situations in which voice recording is beneficial.
That's a good idea. I"ll keep that in mind.
Regards
Alain
 
Thread starter
Hi Lord Popgun,

Out of sight out of mind !!

FYI, As a precautionary step to dissuade onlookers from stealing the memory card from the unit, I attached a black tape on top of the rubber cover for the memory card.
This way, onlookers are not attracted to steal the memory card.

Also, you can set the screen to go blank after 3 minutes of non-activity. (you know that already).

Regards
Alain Lee

d2b7e66ef31f75f841e990f9599e1ed1.jpg
 
Alain, Thats a good idea! Mine is in the tool box though so I don’t have that worry. I did buy a 256GB sim. Not from Amazon though. Way too many fakes on there.

And just for you, over the weekend I installed the “Manual switch” :) I used the 3m stick they supplied and put it on the clutch reservoir cover. In my case that was the best spot. I see you have the GPS antenna there. I didn’t connect mine.

Gotta say, that HONDA bar clamp looks good!
 
Glad to know and hear about sim card and Honda bar clamp :)
Now it looks like a heli cockpit :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top