Attention Dart Shoppers!
The kit installation was a piece of cake. You only need three hex head tools (T-handle type worked for me) in 4, 5, and 6 MM. Following the simple step by step instructions provided in the kit took under 30 minutes. You connect the new headlight brackets to the screen brackets for each side, remove the bolts holding the headlight, then remove the OEM brackets one at a time and replace with the new. Next install the plastic, then line up the parts and headlight and snug up. This is a precision kit. The fit is amazing; the parts "fell" into place, and once I tightened the hardware, the screen was perfectly aligned. The fit is so precise that with the chrome gauge covers installed, there's just enough space between the top of the brackets and the bottom of the gauges to slide a sheet of paper through!
The performance is even better; it transforms the ride. I took the bike out this morning on the Florida Turnpike for high-speed testing. Luckily at rush hour you can get right up to 100 indicated without drawing attention to yourself. There is no wind pressure on the chest. By holding my hand up and moving it up, I found the airflow started just at the bottom of my helmet. Interestingly, the faster I went, the higher the airflow moved. The bottom line: at 80-90 mph I was in a calm bubble of air with no buffeting and a smooth flow of air around my helmet. I'll be able to easily ride all day with this screen installed.
I took some photos, but honestly the ones on the Dart website are better. Suffice it to say that every part and bit of hardware is excellent, the fit is precision, and the performance is exactly what I was looking for. It took me 3 windscreens, a Madstad bracket, and 2 years of messing around to get to this point with my DL1000.