Dart fly screen

uscgmac_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Ive been thinking about ditching my puig windscreen and getting the dart fry screen, the slightly larger one that wraps around a bit. I think its called the marlin. Anyone have a review or pics?
 


I bought the small Dart screen and it is superb. I'm 6'3" and I find the screen keeps all the bind blast off my chest without causing any helmet buffeting. It allows me to cruise on the motorway at 80mph without any strain. I've now covered 9000 miles with this screen which includes two European trips. I can't speak highly enough of this screen and am pleased I bought the smaller version
 
Thread starter
Paulb_imp said:
I bought the small Dart screen and it is superb. I'm 6'3" and I find the screen keeps all the bind blast off my chest without causing any helmet buffeting. It allows me to cruise on the motorway at 80mph without any strain. I've now covered 9000 miles with this screen which includes two European trips. I can't speak highly enough of this screen and am pleased I bought the smaller version
Thats a very nice minimalist look. Efrective yet not gaudy. I like it.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Ive been thinking about ditching my puig windscreen and getting the dart fry screen, the slightly larger one that wraps around a bit. I think its called the marlin. Anyone have a review or pics?
I have the Puig also. Looks cool but doesn't offer much wind protection.
 
Thread starter
Honda\"Mikey\"_imp" pid="181919" dateline="1453723740 said:
uscgmac_imp said:
Ive been thinking about ditching my puig windscreen and getting the dart fry screen, the slightly larger one that wraps around a bit. I think its called the marlin. Anyone have a review or pics?
I have the Puig also. Looks cool but doesn't offer much wind protection.
I have the Puig also. Looks cool but doesn't offer much wind protection.
Dont get me wrong, the puig screen i think offers perfect amount of wind protection and i dont want some hidious looking huge super windshield larger than my car windshield, i think thats rediculous. Im just looking for a minimal screen cafe look with a bit of protection from the wind. I got this bike to feel some of the wind not hide from it, lol. I have my Ultra classic to hide from wind. I like the old school cafe look of the dart without haveing to spend a rediculous amount of money like the road comet. Just need enough protection to lessen the wind blast to reduce rider fatigue.
Honda\"Mikey\"_imp" pid="181919" dateline="1453723740 said:
uscgmac_imp said:
Ive been thinking about ditching my puig windscreen and getting the dart fry screen, the slightly larger one that wraps around a bit. I think its called the marlin. Anyone have a review or pics?
I have the Puig also. Looks cool but doesn't offer much wind protection.
I have the Puig also. Looks cool but doesn't offer much wind protection.
Dont get me wrong, the puig screen i think offers perfect amount of wind protection and i dont want some hidious looking hugh super windshield larger than my car. Im just looking for a minimal screen cafe look with a bit of protection from the wind. I got this bike to feel some of it not hide from it, lol. I have my Ultra classic to hide from wind. I like the old school cafe look of the dart without haveing to spend a rediculous amount of money like the road comet.
 
I started out with the original Dart Flyscreen and found it to do a surprisingly good job of reducing wind blast from my torso. I found out about the Marlin before it was released and ordered it as soon as it was available.

It offers clean airflow and just a bit more relief from torso wind blast. There might be a tad more wind hitting my helmet due the back swept shape. I still prefer it over the smaller Dart and think the shape fits the bike better.

[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20150404_142528_zpsfolg8cuz.jpg.html]
 
I have the Dart Marlin and it was the first screen I bought after I bought my CB. I like it and I don't get much if any buffeting. I am 5'9" but It does have a bit of wind noise and I do need ear plugs. I like it overall and the quality is superb. I love the looks on the bike.
My bike with it on.
 
When I bought the bike it already had a Dart Classic Fly Screen. I took it off when I noticed the brackets were touching the back of the gauge covers and abrading them. I think the one my '14 had belongs to a '13.
 
Looks good Rolf. There are some good pictures of your bike in your photo stream.
 
Back
Top