Cycle world August 2014

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Went to my mail box yesterday and there was my new cycle world I was so excited when I saw on the front cover that it said. RIDDEN HONDA CB1100 went to the page and what a let down! All they said was 6 gears and bigger tank etc!! The end! I really thought they would have a nice write up on it! But they did cover a lot of other naked bikes with speeds up to around 15mph. But I think the CB is the only air cooled bike!! Just to say I was let down by cycle world!
 
Yea, wasn't much of a report.
 
Nothing worse is there? The cover of the new glossy magazine promises so much. You run a hot bath, add in the bubbles. Crack open a bottle of 2011 Rioja, disrobe and slide like a sexy turtle into the water.

The virgin pages of the new magazine are pried apart, only to find it's a load of adverts for boots, and a quick paragraph or two about the article you were relishing.

Modern life is rubbish.:dodgy:
 
I was glad to see the article on BMW S1000R and KTM 1290 SDR, they are top dog nakeds right now, CB1100 was bigger news last year, just small improvements for 2014, not new and breaking as it was in 2013.
 
Rboe_imp said:
You need someone else to tell you how good your bike is? :poke:
Of course. Likewise we need to make sure that everyone knows we picked the best possible helmet, tires, oil, windscreen, etc, ad infinitum. This is what the Interwebs were invented for.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
You need someone else to tell you how good your bike is? :poke:
Of course. Likewise we need to make sure that everyone knows we picked the best possible helmet, tires, oil, windscreen, etc, ad infinitum. This is what the Interwebs were invented for.
That and screaming at each other. And porn.
 
AzBob_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
You need someone else to tell you how good your bike is? :poke:
Of course. Likewise we need to make sure that everyone knows we picked the best possible helmet, tires, oil, windscreen, etc, ad infinitum. This is what the Interwebs were invented for.
That and screaming at each other. And porn.
That and screaming at each other. And porn.
Lol.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I was glad to see the article on BMW S1000R and KTM 1290 SDR, they are top dog nakeds right now, CB1100 was bigger news last year, just small improvements for 2014, not new and breaking as it was in 2013.
The three bikes they wrote up in depth (BMW, KTM and Ape) are also probably the ugliest motorcycles I've seen in some time. It's all a bunch of Transformer wannabees.

They make the FZ-09 look like a classic!
 
I don't like transformer type bikes, that's why I was disinterested in motorcycles for years, until I saw the CB1100 and bought it.
But for some reason I like the look of the BMW, way better than some of the v twins with pipes all of the place. And I think the 150 HP or so could help me get over the headlight area :-)
 
Some one mentions porn and HikerDude :) replies with bike porn. :D

(well, transformer bike porn......)
 
Nothing on the R-Nine-T?
Loved the Ducati article. Amazing machine!

Cool video, that's my plan for the BMW. No jumping though.
 
Back
Top