dailyrider_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Now this would be very interesting.
garageprojectmotorcycles
garageprojectmotorcycles
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The CX could be a good follow on to the NC/CTX bikes but Honda's lineup is already crowded at the 500cc & 700cc levels. I'd rather see a well designed follow on to the CB600 (599). Light enough (which Honda never seems to pull off) and tuned properly, it would have almost the same power as the CB11 (at higher revs) and be a better standard than the FZ-07. It would basically be a naked CBR650F - a CB650F.ClassicVW_imp said:I also like looking at and sometimes buying those old Hondas. I just sold two older CBs and have been looking for a CX500 or a GL650 as my next retro ride.
However, with apologies to current and future owners, I don't think the CX class bikes are all that remembered by us oldsters, at least not as much or as fondly as the CB750/900/1100. I also recall some reviews of the CX bikes back in the day that weren't all that favorable.
I agree it's a nice photoshop, but if Honda truly was thinking about marketing a mid size retro ride, they could more easily tweak the cosmetics of their CB400 that's already on sale.
So did Honda. Remember the GL500/650 Silver Wings?The ferret_imp said:CX 500 was an interesting motorcycle. I sold them new when they came out. Designed by same guy who designed CBX and GL1000 GoldWing. Had push rods instead of OHCs. Hondas only transverse twin. Hondas first liquid cooled twin. Smallest shaft drive Honda at the time. Cylinders turned to get carbs closer to center out of riders way. With less than 50 HP wasn't a real powerhouse, but like all Hondas very reliable, and with the shaft low maintenance. Turned into at least 6 or 7 models, maybe more.CX500, 500 DLX, 500 Custom, 650 , 650 DLX, 650 Custom and 650 Turbo if memory serves me. Even with 48 HP guys would stick Vetter fairings and bags on them and go touring. Neat little bikes. They make awesome looking cafe racers if they are too far gone to restore. Original 78 tanks were a bit ugly, but they look good on a cafe racer.
I loved the colors of those years. My neighbor sold his 500 a few years ago, original owner. I really wanted the red, white, and blue CBX but I settled for my CB 650 because of the insurance costs. Loved those days.Rboe_imp said:Still a darn good looking bike. I remember those days, still felt like the golden age with very cool things just around the corner. Like flying cars.
Sigh, it was not to be.