which tools you use to cut / ground the plexiglass?cbdtran_imp said:which tools you use to cut / ground the plexiglass?CIP57_imp said:Mickey,
I cut 4 1/4 inches off the shield today. It's much better, should have gone a full five. Wind starts right at the mouth. Buffeting has gone down considerably. I have to say its looks 100% better and the view from the seat feels right. Feel like I'm on my ST now with the shield down all the way.
Job came out perfect ( surprise to me ) looks like factory edges.
I used a jigsaw and then a vibrating sander with med than fine. I was going to sell it now its a keeper.
Cheers
As mentioned, i used a jigsaw with a fine metal blade and sanded with a palm vibrating sander with med than fine paper. I used masking tape on both sides of the shield.
