Custom seat

looks like a nice seat. I like the shape. sure looks comfortable. for me, the stock seat is not nice at all.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
To clarify: you gave him your stock seat and he modded it?
I live 60 miles from him and I had an appointment. I rode my bike to his shop and he fitted it to me. Several times during the build I had to set on it, on the bike to see if it needed to have any changes. If it did they were done till I was satisfied with the comfort level. That is how he makes the seats You and your bike go in his shop approximately 5 hours later you have a new seat on your pan custom fit to you. He is an avid rider so the conversation is good. He has been making seats for 50 years.
Kevin
He is booked around 2 months ahead so he is pretty busy.

http://www.mredsmoto.com/index.htm
 
$450 is pretty steep price for that service. I had mine professionally done for $100 at a specialty shop near me. Company is called 'Wicked Stitch' in Pittsburgh...
 
Well its pricy but it was custom done thru multiple fittings, unlike some "well known" seats that are basically one seat fits all production seats you order without ever having sat on them which cost 50% more than this.

I'm lucky that I can tolerate the stock seats so get to spend my money on gas and tires lol.
 
Thread starter
Blockhead_imp said:
$450 is pretty steep price for that service. I had mine professionally done for $100 at a specialty shop near me. Company is called 'Wicked Stitch' in Pittsburgh...
I'm happy for you.
Kevin
The ferret_imp said:
Well its pricy but it was custom done thru multiple fittings, unlike some "well known" seats that are basically one seat fits all production seats you order without ever having sat on them which cost 50% more than this.

I'm lucky that I can tolerate the stock seats so get to spend my money on gas and tires lol.
I think I saved a little by not having to ride to Pittsburg to get it done.
The ferret, how thick are the callouses on your tush?:D
Kevin
 
Almost 5 hours in the shop with that seat. $90 an hour INCLUDING materials. Last plumber that was at my house charged $75 just to show up on a Sunday and it was $75 an hour minus parts. Sprinkler guy that was here last Sat (could only book him on Memorial day Weekend because he was so busy) charged me $275 for parts and time (4 hours) Parts were pretty cheap. Guessing I paid maybe $55 an hour. I paid $505 for first service check (600 miles) on a Moto Guzzi. That shop MIGHT have spent 2.5 hours on that. I've seen custom seats go for over $600 without having the personalized service on the spot to adjust for your anatomy. Value is an individual perspective. I was 200 miles out from my house on maybe the second weekend trip I took on the CB and on the way back I would have paid every cent of that $450 to get off the stock seat and onto something else.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Almost 5 hours in the shop with that seat. $90 an hour INCLUDING materials. Last plumber that was at my house charged $75 just to show up on a Sunday and it was $75 an hour minus parts. Sprinkler guy that was here last Sat (could only book him on Memorial day Weekend because he was so busy) charged me $275 for parts and time (4 hours) Parts were pretty cheap. Guessing I paid maybe $55 an hour. I paid $505 for first service check (600 miles) on a Moto Guzzi. That shop MIGHT have spent 2.5 hours on that. I've seen custom seats go for over $600 without having the personalized service on the spot to adjust for your anatomy. Value is an individual perspective. I was 200 miles out from my house on maybe the second weekend trip I took on the CB and on the way back I would have paid every cent of that $450 to get off the stock seat and onto something else.
Well worth it to me. I usually ride at least a tank when I ride. After the first 45 minutes to an hour the fun factor goes way down. This should increase the fun factor by at least a couple of hours.:biker:
Kevin

I didn't look at the clock when I left. I believe it was closer 4 hours than 5.
For what it's worth I recommend him. If you have him make a seat for you your butt will thank you every time you get on your bike.:beerchug:
 
Back
Top