Custom Seat By Lamm

CIP57_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just received pic's from Seth Lamm who custom made my seat. Should have it in about a 5 days. Looks real good and he put the Honda Logo back on the seat.
 
Wow thats different. Hope it's comfortable.
 
Quote:Can't wait to hear how it feels.
Thing is you need to "feel" how it feels.:D Replacement seats are so expensive. Once you buy, you own it. For how I use my bike, stock is fine for me.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow thats different. Hope it's comfortable.
It looks a lot like the world-famous "Russel DayLong" seat. That "winged" section for thigh suport send to he the defining characteristic.

I've said it before on other threads, but having just spent the entire day riding, I continue to be amazed at the stock seat's comfort. I might change it for looks, but no other reason.
The ferret_imp said:
Wow thats different. Hope it's comfortable.
It looks a lot like the world-famous "Russel DayLong" seat. That "winged" section fir thigh suport send to he the defining characteristic.

I've said it before on other threads, but having just spent the entire day riding, I continue to be amazed at the stock seat's comfort. I might change it for looks, but no other reason.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Wow thats different. Hope it's comfortable.
It looks a lot like the world-famous "Russel DayLong" seat. That "winged" section for thigh suport send to he the defining characteristic.

I've said it before on other threads, but having just spent the entire day riding, I continue to be amazed at the stock seat's comfort. I might change it for looks, but no other reason.
The ferret_imp said:
Wow thats different. Hope it's comfortable.
It looks a lot like the world-famous "Russel DayLong" seat. That "winged" section fir thigh suport send to he the defining characteristic.

I've said it before on other threads, but having just spent the entire day riding, I continue to be amazed at the stock seat's comfort. I might change it for looks, but no other reason.
It looks a lot like the world-famous "Russel DayLong" seat. That "winged" section for thigh suport send to he the defining characteristic.

I've said it before on other threads, but having just spent the entire day riding, I continue to be amazed at the stock seat's comfort. I might change it for looks, but no other reason.
Yeah, seats totally depend on the rider. If you fit the weight profile of the "ideal rider" they used when designing the seat, it will probably work for you. If not, well then you're looking at spending some bucks. I did about a 4-hour ride the other day (2 out, 2 back), and let's just say me and my pillion were not happy campers when getting off the bike. I'm definitely considering spending the money on SOMETHING to fix my problem. The problem I have is everything I've seen so far is not very aesthetically pleasing, which for me, is just slightly less important than how well it keeps my butt from getting sore.
 
I highly recommend trying an AirHawk for < $100 before spending big on a custom seat, if comfort is your only goal for a seat upgrade. I wish I had; I spent $500 on a Mayer seat, which was fine, but it was the AirHawk that really made it work for me. Several people I've suggested this to who have tried it found it to be the solution to the pain in the ass.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I highly recommend trying an AirHawk for < $100 before spending big on a custom seat, if comfort is your only goal for a seat upgrade. I wish I had; I spent $500 on a Mayer seat, which was fine, but it was the AirHawk that really made it work for me. Several people I've suggested this to who have tried it found it to be the solution to the pain in the ass.
Not the best looking, but I am willing to give it a try.
 
SanPete_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
I highly recommend trying an AirHawk for < $100 before spending big on a custom seat, if comfort is your only goal for a seat upgrade. I wish I had; I spent $500 on a Mayer seat, which was fine, but it was the AirHawk that really made it work for me. Several people I've suggested this to who have tried it found it to be the solution to the pain in the ass.
Not the best looking, but I am willing to give it a try.
Not the best looking, but I am willing to give it a try. I bought the AirHawk (the basic model) hoping it would help but found it to be totally inadequate. I tried it at various pressures, down to about 0, but it felt very insecure and exacerbated the slow slide to the tank. I know some, like spaceman, swear by them. If you read the AirHawk literature, it seems their new R model is designed to address several of the issues I had with the std model. But at $200 they aren't cheap. I kept my Airhawk thinking it may work OK now that I have a Corbin seat. I'll see how it works for cooling purposes when it gets hot again. If it doesn't work for me, I'll be placing an ad in the Classifieds
By the way, I'm 6' 180. Weight and size/shape of bum seem to be the determining factor in how aftermarket seats and products like this perform. Someone who is 5' 10" 220 or 6' 2" 170 would have a completely different experience than I.
 
I love my AirHawk on the big touring bike saddle (Mustang).. but tried it once on my Suzuki with the bench seat and hated it there. My wife swears by the AirHawk on the pillion of the touring bike, but did not like it on the Triumph touring seat. I think seat shape and firmness has a LOT to do with it.
 
ThomWill_imp said:
I love my AirHawk on the big touring bike saddle (Mustang).. but tried it once on my Suzuki with the bench seat and hated it there. My wife swears by the AirHawk on the pillion of the touring bike, but did not like it on the Triumph touring seat. I think seat shape and firmness has a LOT to do with it.
That's what I am hoping, which is why I kept it. I think the more sculpted Corbin seat may cradle the AirHawk better than the stock. We'll see.
 
I had purchased 2 Butt Buffer gel pads for my wife and I for an upcoming trip on our 750 Nighthawk a few years ago. They looked good and felt " cushiony", but upon entering the first curve my wife and I both realized we couldn't use them on the trip. The gel pad made it feel like you were disconnected from the bike, with the bike going one way and your butt going the other. Really disconcerting. I gave them to my younger brother. He has one on his Bonneville and the other on his FZ-1. He loves them and won't ride anywhere without them.

You really have to try a gel cushion to see if they are for you.
 
My Corbin came in today (MUCH faster than expected - only took 3 weeks). Hell of a thing to get latched in there the first time, but so far I like it.
 
Back
Top