Custom brake line

Swartzracer_imp

First service completed
Thread starter

I went out and bought a banjo fitting. I put a bend in it to take the shape of the original line and cut the line off the factory three way block and Tig welded a #4 jic fitting to it. Then bought a stainless line of 18" to attach them. Next is reassemble and hope for no leaks.
 
You're a brave man. I would never have the confidence to customise something as important as my front brake:angel:
 
Sure looks good in the pictures! I have no idea how to weld anything :( so I'll never be doing that mod...
 
Racer... What was the impetus for this mod?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Racer... What was the impetus for this mod?
It all started with a Corbin seat. It moved me back on the bike a little and I felt I was reaching to much for the bars. I then bought some bar risers last summer and installed them. It has the brake line pulled tighter then I wanted. The seating position was better but I felt I could use the bars back and up a little more so it lead to taller slanted risers and a brake line extenstion. After I get everything back together I'll post a pic.
 
Looks like its going to work. Good job.
 
Gads, not so sure about that stack of bar risers though
 
Thread starter
White Dog_imp said:
Looks like the GenMar 1" up and 1" back offset risers. I have them and they work fine. They send 8mm bolts to attach the risers.
They are 2" up and 1" back. I had one inch risers before and they were fine. These are also solid.
 
Back
Top