cumberland gap trip

Manhick_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
The stars aligned and my wife and I had two days off at the same time. So we took the cb Thursday night and camped until Saturday morning. I was surprised we fit all we needed into a gi backpack, especially the way my wife likes to pack haha. Not a real long drive about 110 miles round trip, but conquered a bunch of firsts. Was our First two up trip (extended), first ride in the rain, and first motorcycle camping trip. We had a blast and can't wait until we do another one. I will try and post a few pics (sorry didn't take a whole lot)
[/img]
[/img]
 
Thread starter
Nope don't have a rack yet it's on the list of things to buy when I can afford it. The bag is pretty long loosened it and it rested on the crome light peice. Just have a wife that was willing to wear the pack. Probably not the safest set up but it's temporary. I guess your only poor and young once haha.
 
Well done mate. Nothing like camping via motorcycle, especially something as basic as a CB. Makes you prioritise and, somehow, doubles the fun. Unfortunately I can't persuade Darling to join me. For her, camping under the stars means under 5 stars. Please post post photos of your camp - I'm curious. See one of mine below

6f31353bda411f509ef304e9e994d044.jpg


Cheers, and happy camping.
 
Wow I'd say your wife deserves a trooper of the year award for wearing that pack on her back lol. My wife and I once rode our 750 Nighthawk down the Natchez Trace from Tennessee to Mississippi and she wore a back pack as it was a totally naked bike and she told me in no uncertain terms she would never do that again lol.
 
Good one Manhick and Mrs Manhick. Look forward to more reports.
 
Your wife sounds like a real keeper. Motorcycle camping is one of life's best pleasures and doing it the minimalist way adds to the experience. :thumbsup:
 
also check out some backpacking/hiker sites for lightweight portable camping gear.
and I guess a tank bag and possibly saddle bags if they still allow a passenger would help.
some of my best memories were while camping.....
 
Back
Top