CTX1300

bubblerboy64_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
If you go to the Honda Power Sports web page they have released information concerning the new CTX1300. Looks like an interesting motorcycle and one that I might consider owning.

It's most direct competition will be the F6B or so it would appear to me.

I find the Wing and the F6B just a bit more then I need and I am hoping the CTX1300 is just right.

I did ride a CTX700 and liked it a lot but I think I would like just a bit more. This 1300 could be the middle ground I am looking for. Probably will not see one until spring.

Money will be a critical part of the this. That's not discussed as yet which I always wonder about. Have they not decided or what? Have to ask you can't afford it? Or are they taking suggestions?
 
bubblerboy64_imp said:
If you go to the Honda Power Sports web page they have released information concerning the new CTX1300. Looks like an interesting motorcycle and one that I might consider owning.

It's most direct competition will be the F6B or so it would appear to me.

I find the Wing and the F6B just a bit more then I need and I am hoping the CTX1300 is just right.

I did ride a CTX700 and liked it a lot but I think I would like just a bit more. This 1300 could be the middle ground I am looking for. Probably will not see one until spring.

Money will be a critical part of the this. That's not discussed as yet which I always wonder about. Have they not decided or what? Have to ask you can't afford it? Or are they taking suggestions?
The few articles I've seen about this bike suggest that Honda has stated a ballpark price of $17K.
 
Honda is really rocking. They've put out more new models, with innovative and appealing features, than I've seen since the early '80's. Even the CB was a shock, I never thought we would get them here.

I won't buy a CTX, theyre just not my type of bike. But they're neat as heck, and I hope they bring a lot of new riders into the sport.
 
1100rider_imp said:
That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
If one can assume this new bike is shaft drive, I can see one in my garage in a few years. Love those Honda V-4's. That is THEIR motor.
 
1100rider_imp said:
That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST engine.
1100rider_imp said:
That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.
1100rider_imp said:
That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.
1100rider_imp said:
That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.
 
So I was wondering, Is it a retuned ST motor? ;)
 
It appears they to pains to avoid the Great Chain Alignment debate by going to shaft drive. I just wonder what motor they'll be using.... :angel:
 
Quote:I just wonder what motor they'll be using.... That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.

That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.

That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.

That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.

That sure sounds like they are using the ST1300 motor.
They are. Its re-tuned, but it is the ST motor.

SCNR :D
 
:rofl:

You guys crack me up
 
Who does the re-tuning? The dealer? Can we do it during the first "service"? Why don't they just tune it right in the first place or are they going from C-minor to C-major? If you replace the pipes do you have to re-tune it AGAIN!? Then you have a re-tune-tune. Repeat and you get a re-tune-tune-tune; now you have a damn two cycle motor. I don't want one of those! :@
 
Rboe_imp said:
Who does the re-tuning? The dealer? Can we do it during the first "service"? Why don't they just tune it right in the first place or are they going from C-minor to C-major? If you replace the pipes do you have to re-tune it AGAIN!? Then you have a re-tune-tune. Repeat and you get a re-tune-tune-tune; now you have a damn two cycle motor. I don't want one of those! :@
Didja ever have a song stuck in your head and it keeps playing over and over and over? "Wildfire," fer'instance. "She ran callin Wiiiiiiildfire."

Re-tuning is when you get out a Def Leppard CD and play "Rocket" until "Wildfire" is driven from your brain.
 
Thread starter
Dealer called me today. Said I could have the first one they get. Wasn't that sweet of them??? I AM interested but not committing to anything.

For the money it's going to have to impress the dickens out of me.

A fellow can play buying and selling used bikes and not do too badly especially if you buy in the fall and sell in the spring but these new bikes will hurt a fellow pretty badly. I've learned that the hard way believe me.

It's nice bike with some impressive credentials but it's also a bit odd because as I see it it is nether a long distance touring bike nor a cruiser. a bit of both which might be OK. I'll bet it will be a runner because that's a heck of a good engine if they don't detune it too much.

Probably will not know until December when available and more then likely not available for a couple months after that.

Going to have to let a couple others go if I would decide I can't live without one.
 
It's a standard. Torque for cruising, smooth for touring and decent for in town chores or just day riding. Standards are good for a lot of things.
 
There's a very detailed video on the bike from Kevin Duke and Motorcycle.com - Motorcycle Reviews, Videos, Prices and Used Motorcycles. Click on the EMCIA link and then Honda to find the CTX section.

The model they have strutting arond the bike is worth the look alone. I wonder if you can order one with the bike...

I like what Honda is trying to do with the CTX series, but the styling doesn't do it for me. The bikes look like they used a bulldog as their design guide...a huge head trailed by a tiny body that looks like its going to clunk over forward at any moment. I guess I just like the classic proportions of true "standard" bikes. I dunno, maybe like a modern remake of the CB750?
 
Thread starter
Well, We can all agree the model is attractive. Very attractive.

I don't know if that bike is a standard by definition. Honda is showing in the Touring section of their Power Sports Page. It's not what I think of as a standard but I can see some standard characteristics. Certainly the riding position.

As to the esthetics it's not going to appeal to the "classic" or "retro" crowd but I like it. I like it's futuristic combinations of touring bike (wing) with a sport bike bent.

The test will ride and handling and the "usefulness" of the motorcycle. At the money it's going to have to be more then an attractive face.

Like it or not I give Honda credit for taking the initiative to do something different if not entirely innovative.

Can't wait to see one in person.
 
I like it, but I like the F6B too. I have an ST 1300 and can tell you if it has that motor, not detuned ( and I can't imagine Honda detuning it) the bike will be plenty entertaining to ride.
 
Back
Top