CRG mirrors on machined end weights

greekcb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
2a95c5a0c002d4844710095d6c533eb0.jpg


b505d5326df5b545177892897acfd616.jpg


20fa5743449e842dafdb20caa407280a.jpg


7d02cb4640184a6f02cedb788b623732.jpg


Hey guys , I wanted bar end mirrors but didn’t wanna lose the weights so per some info I searched on here I had a machine shop turn the weights to accommodate mirror clamps . Came out great and all stock weights left in place . All I had to do was paint the inside of weights due to them being bare metal after the work




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Now that's doing it right!
 
That came out awesome!!
 
Nicely done!
 
Nicely done greekcb.
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone ! I’m pretty happy with it, still wanna do a test run but with the weather by me changing I haven’t had a chance , hoping I can squeak in one more ride

W/R , I got the mirrors from Revzilla . Didn’t wanna screw around with cheapie mirrors so I went with the CRG lanesplitter mirrors. I have them on my Enfield as well and if they hold up to that paint shaker the CB is a piece of cake lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I picked up a couple CRG arrow mirrors to mount on my bar end weights, I love how they look. Only problem I have is the weights spin in place even with that long bolt tightened down all the way. I haven't seen any body else who has had the weights machined to accept the clamp mention this issue. So at this point I feel like i'm doing something wrong.
 
What windshield is that btw? I'm in the process of replacing parts from an accident and I'm digging the bar end mirrors with that windshield right now.
 
Thread starter
b12thechank_imp said:
What windshield is that btw? I'm in the process of replacing parts from an accident and I'm digging the bar end mirrors with that windshield right now.
Hey, funny to see this post again since that pic of my bike is way old already lol. i sold that windscreen which is the Dart fly screen. I now have a road comet fairing. Both very cool but the Dart is way simpler, and cheaper lol. If you go that route its a great little piece. I had no regrets with mine but when i saw the road comet i had to have it.
 
ACI4_imp said:
I picked up a couple CRG arrow mirrors to mount on my bar end weights, I love how they look. Only problem I have is the weights spin in place even with that long bolt tightened down all the way. I haven't seen any body else who has had the weights machined to accept the clamp mention this issue. So at this point I feel like i'm doing something wrong.
I have the same thing happen to me. I just make sure I stay ahead of everyone else! :) I can still make out flashing lights if that happens :thumbsup:
 
G’day SoCalRed5 from Cincinnati. Welcome to the forum.
 
GENIUS. This looks awesome. I've definitely been wanting to get rid of the stock lollipop mirrors, but realizing that installing bar end mirrors isn't as simple as it looks. Stock screw with the bar end weight's too long for a mirror alone, too short for the weight and bar end together. This was a clever solution, sir.

b0c1ef9cf9f222a74e689104d2fb6338.jpg


8c15b6770832e758ef117ecb170a1286.jpg
 
Yiasou GreekCB. Great job on the mirrors. I'm gonna follow you on this mod and do it to my bar end mirrors. Well done and thanks for sharing your method.
 
Back
Top