crazy critter day

Gotta love a pelican. In some places here we have large flat-topped street lights that they like to sit on. How they land on such a small pad is a mystery.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Where I used to live—in the hinterland north of Brisbane—we had a good many green tree frogs. They are very beautiful, but have been driven away a bit by the ubiquitous cane toad. The cane toad's march across Australia is one of the great tales of unintended consequence. But it's for another day.

The green tree frog is a great climber and often gets onto roofs to take up residence in down pipes because they're wet. If they can get inside, they'll also live happily in toilets. We had one that used to lurk at the top of the bowl and you'd see his little foot pop out to brace himself against the might of the flush. I'd take him outside from time to time but he'd be back. One night someone sat on the loo and felt something clamp on to their backside. They got a terrible fright. Guess who?

4505f380d52aafcfb24bbfc98d9c6a8c.jpg
That’s hilarious! :rofl:
 
Thread starter
almost got me a Turkey Vulture on this mornings ride. We see each other from a long way off, but he doesn't want to leave the pancaked squirrel he's munching on. As I get closer he decides he'd better take off. Problem. tree lined road both sides of the road. He slowly lifts off but he's flying right down the road in front of me..probably 30 mph. Next problem I'm doing between 55 and 60. I hit my brakes and ducked my head and went under him. lol Stupid vultures
 
use2b_imp said:
that is a fine looking Tom but so tough you have to boil of pressure cook them before roasting :thumbsup:
critters just do what they want
Looks like pelicans have no regard for the law either...
 
Back
Top