Craigslist DLX Find Makes Me Sad

TX Silver_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Found this on Craigslist in South Texas tonight and got a little bummed out.

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/pearland-2014-honda-cb1100-dlx/7611891555.html

I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's the same bike that was on ADVRIDER in late February (subtle items are the same).

Sad, because I was too far away to look at it in person in Feb and didn't realize how few and far between these seem to be. Also sad because even with the modifications the owner made, if it is the same bike, it's not enough to to make it a keeper for them.
 
Not everybody feels the magic. Theres no end to people going "its fast enough" or "its too heavy" or "its not comfortable enough".

It takes a special kind of weirdo to see our bike and understand all the ways in which it adds up to far more than the sum of its parts.
 
Hmmm and it has Rlets. Forum member?
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Not everybody feels the magic. Theres no end to people going "its fast enough" or "its too heavy" or "its not comfortable enough".

It takes a special kind of weirdo to see our bike and understand all the ways in which it adds up to far more than the sum of its parts.
My wife constantly tells me I’m a special kind of weirdo. :banana:
 
Should grab a copy of that 1st ocean picture for the 2024 CB1100 calendar edition.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm and it has Rlets. Forum member?
And refers to Mr. T and has the oil cap sold by forum member ZRXman.
 
That is a beauty. Things change, people have different needs and problems and some things have to go. Someone will get a beautiful machine. Very low mileage, so obviously not getting ridden.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Not everybody feels the magic. Theres no end to people going "its fast enough" or "its too heavy" or "its not comfortable enough".

It takes a special kind of weirdo to see our bike and understand all the ways in which it adds up to far more than the sum of its parts.
Looks alright. The lump appears clean and planted.
 
Rolling midlife crises are how I typically obtain my rides.
Particularly if the owner's wife is pressuring the one with the crisis to sell.
 
clearviewx_imp said:
Should grab a copy of that 1st ocean picture for the 2024 CB1100 calendar edition.
Sadly Craigslist does not do a great job of furnishing hi-res images. if i blow that up to the size of a page it will look awful. i checked.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Rolling midlife crises are how I typically obtain my rides.
Particularly if the owner's wife is pressuring the one with the crisis to sell.
Amen Gone.

You might be a silent voice of many.
 
CB1100: Owner was stressing over selling it, wife was nagging that he just stared at it in the garage while he was lifting weights

Bonneville: Owner bought his-and-hers Triumphs thinking it would be great if they both started riding. He had already sold one of them, mine was being used as a laundry drying rack in their garage when I showed up to look at it.

Interceptor: Owner bought it because it was pretty, and an RE dealer had just opened nearby.

In all three cases, there was a wife standing in the background, arms crossed, staring intently as the purchases took place.
 
We have a "No More Things With Wheels" policy in our house. Makes sense. We only have enough room for a limited number of vehicles, and I don't have the energy to take care of, or pay tags and insurance for more than what we've got. Mrs. G is still "bike-curious", and if I declare that I'll be selling a bike to buy something else, she likes to be involved to the point of checking out what I want to buy, maybe sitting on a new version of it in the showroom and flipping the switches, saying it's a pretty color.

Sort of like when she wants to add to her huge menagerie of plants. We'll go to the nursery, I'll take a look, say "Ooh, that's pretty"... I know that I am there merely as labor to carry said plant to the car and load it in, but I am sort of interested.

And, we both have our little financial victories in the expenses involved in our hobbies. We celebrate when I sell a motorcycle part that's no longer needed, or when she sneaks a cutting for what would be a very expensive plant and cultivates it.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
We have a "No More Things With Wheels" policy in our house. Makes sense. We only have enough room for a limited number of vehicles, and I don't have the energy to take care of, or pay tags and insurance for more than what we've got. Mrs. G is still "bike-curious", and if I declare that I'll be selling a bike to buy something else, she likes to be involved to the point of checking out what I want to buy, maybe sitting on a new version of it in the showroom and flipping the switches, saying it's a pretty color.

Sort of like when she wants to add to her huge menagerie of plants. We'll go to the nursery, I'll take a look, say "Ooh, that's pretty"... I know that I am there merely as labor to carry said plant to the car and load it in, but I am sort of interested.

And, we both have our little financial victories in the expenses involved in our hobbies. We celebrate when I sell a motorcycle part that's no longer needed, or when she sneaks a cutting for what would be a very expensive plant and cultivates it.
Good to have a fair policy. Keeps the happiness in place and to enjoy the machines at hand.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
We have a "No More Things With Wheels" policy in our house. Makes sense. We only have enough room for a limited number of vehicles, and I don't have the energy to take care of, or pay tags and insurance for more than what we've got. Mrs. G is still "bike-curious", and if I declare that I'll be selling a bike to buy something else, she likes to be involved to the point of checking out what I want to buy, maybe sitting on a new version of it in the showroom and flipping the switches, saying it's a pretty color.

Sort of like when she wants to add to her huge menagerie of plants. We'll go to the nursery, I'll take a look, say "Ooh, that's pretty"... I know that I am there merely as labor to carry said plant to the car and load it in, but I am sort of interested.

And, we both have our little financial victories in the expenses involved in our hobbies. We celebrate when I sell a motorcycle part that's no longer needed, or when she sneaks a cutting for what would be a very expensive plant and cultivates it.
So are you lookin' to buy a boat or a snowmobile?
 
Back
Top