Cotton Country Ride

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Weather was too beautiful today to stay home and work so we did an 80 mile ride through the local farm country. Everything has turned to brown and gray with the colder temperatures but the cotton harvest is in full swing. We rode past thousands of acres of cotton fields most having large bales ready for transport on flatbeds or bundled into elongated modules for pickup by trucks designed for no other purpose called "Module getters", says so right on the cabs. High of about 70F and perfect blue skies.

f0cd30a4cacf7171e7baac1627e0e3a2.jpg


ba2bfa7489da3dbff89c85d95b8e790f.jpg
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ptero. We are looking forward to meeting our Aussie friends at the May gathering in the mountains.
Cheers!
 
Hey Redbirds,are we southerners blessed or what!I too was able to bust out 90 miles on my DLX today,it was gorgeous wasn't it.I cant wait to meet all you folks in May.:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
ss2wheels_imp said:
Hey Redbirds,are we southerners blessed or what!I too was able to bust out 90 miles on my DLX today,it was gorgeous wasn't it.I cant wait to meet all you folks in May.:beerchug:
Indeed, we are blessed with some great winter weather. May in the Smokies. It'll be a blast.
 
Imagine the chopsticks!

Great pictures. we don't get to see cotton bales up here, but there is something otherworldly about them and about the hay and wheat bales in an otherwise barren field at harvest time. Thanks for sharing.
 
70 sounds great!

Sometimes I think I'd like to live where it's warm all the time, but those places seem to have either tornados or earthquakes, poisonous snakes, lots of bugs, mosquitos or lots and lots of people congested together...things that also like warm weather.
 
Great shots redbirds. I particularly like the second one. I'm also looking forward to meeting many of you guys in May.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
70 sounds great!

Sometimes I think I'd like to live where it's warm all the time, but those places seem to have either tornados or earthquakes, poisonous snakes, lots of bugs, mosquitos or lots and lots of people congested together...things that also like warm weather.
Well, around here no congestion just miles and miles of forest and farm land. No earthquakes and tornadoes are rare. Plenty of bugs (love bugs are the worst), mosquitoes, deer flies, and other biters and venomous snakes. Took this photo on Tuesday while deer hunting. Nearly stepped on him. Timber rattlers can really hide in some leaves.

5b40a8f734685e74dd49a46de63f37dc.jpg
 
redbirds_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
70 sounds great!

Sometimes I think I'd like to live where it's warm all the time, but those places seem to have either tornados or earthquakes, poisonous snakes, lots of bugs, mosquitos or lots and lots of people congested together...things that also like warm weather.
Well, around here no congestion just miles and miles of forest and farm land. No earthquakes and tornadoes are rare. Plenty of bugs (love bugs are the worst), mosquitoes, deer flies, and other biters and venomous snakes. Took this photo on Tuesday while deer hunting. Nearly stepped on him. Timber rattlers can really hide in some leaves.

5b40a8f734685e74dd49a46de63f37dc.jpg
Whoa! Well hidden. Given the typical Texas stereotypes, you would figure that I would come across a lot of rattle snakes. But, being about 60 miles off the coast (Houston area) we see a lot more water moccasins and copperheads, with the occasional coral snake tossed in for good measure.
 
Back
Top