Corbin Seat

holy666diver_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Attention those who own Corbin seats!

Does the seat push you more forward towards the tank or does it give you more room and scoot you further back than the stock seat?

Let me know :)
 
hb9400_imp said:
It pushed me farther back which I actually didn't care for.
That is pretty much the reason I haven't bought a Corbin yet. There are many times when cornering that I tend to lean forward to put my weight towards the front wheel. It just feels better to me. :dodgy:
 
Oh no. I was eyeing that seat on their website and I like to get up close to the tank and even tighten up around the "belly" or the tank, just like I used to do when guiding my horse.
 
holy666diver_imp said:
Attention those who own Corbin seats!

Does the seat push you more forward towards the tank or does it give you more room and scoot you further back than the stock seat?

Let me know :)
666,

I've been using a Corbin seat for over a year on my CB. The stock seat constantly had me sliding forward and although I prefer to sit forward I don't like the seat slanted forward. The Corbin seat is level and I sit close to the tank most of the time but on long rides if I want to sit farther back I can without sliding forward. I have 3 different seats for my CB. The Corbin is the ticket because it allows me to sit anywhere on it comfortably.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
holy666diver_imp said:
Attention those who own Corbin seats!

Does the seat push you more forward towards the tank or does it give you more room and scoot you further back than the stock seat?

Let me know :)
666,

I've been using a Corbin seat for over a year on my CB. The stock seat constantly had me sliding forward and although I prefer to sit forward I don't like the seat slanted forward. The Corbin seat is level and I sit close to the tank most of the time but on long rides if I want to sit farther back I can without sliding forward. I have 3 different seats for my CB. The Corbin is the ticket because it allows me to sit anywhere on it comfortably.

Chip
666,

I've been using a Corbin seat for over a year on my CB. The stock seat constantly had me sliding forward and although I prefer to sit forward I don't like the seat slanted forward. The Corbin seat is level and I sit close to the tank most of the time but on long rides if I want to sit farther back I can without sliding forward. I have 3 different seats for my CB. The Corbin is the ticket because it allows me to sit anywhere on it comfortably.

Chip
Chip, I only see one Corbin seat (lady and gunfighter), it looks like you are locked in and can not move....which model do you have?
 
holy666diver_imp said:
Attention those who own Corbin seats!

Does the seat push you more forward towards the tank or does it give you more room and scoot you further back than the stock seat?

Let me know :)
It depends on which "stock seat" you're talking about. Yes, it set me a little further back. So I bought some ROX bar set-backs to counter that. But my Corbin is far superior to the stock seat on my 2013 DLX.

~ The Bee
 
The corbin is one of those things that works for me. My ducati monster was the same way, uncomfortable and I was constantly sliding forward. The stock seat must fit some segment of CB owners..
 
Kawiboy said:

Chip, I only see one Corbin seat (lady and gunfighter), it looks like you are locked in and can not move....which model do you have?



Chip Beck Spec Corbin Seat
 
Thank you for that info, everyone actually.

I guess I need some seat time on the stock seat and see before buying. The Corbin is a looker to me. I can see that it could set you back from the tank because it is designed with a seating cup and high front nose that rises up the tank a bit more, at least on the larger DLX tank. Which means it could fit differently on the smaller, amazingly beautiful, everyone knows it's better looking, tank on the other model, you know.
 
NightRider_imp said:
Thank you for that info, everyone actually.

I guess I need some seat time on the stock seat and see before buying. The Corbin is a looker to me. I can see that it could set you back from the tank because it is designed with a seating cup and high front nose that rises up the tank a bit more, at least on the larger DLX tank. Which means it could fit differently on the smaller, amazingly beautiful, everyone knows it's better looking, tank on the other model, you know.
NightRider,

I seldom sit in that seating cup area on my Corbin. I sit a couple inches forward of that and I don't slide forward or back. It may look like the nose of that seat rises up in the front but it really doesn't. It's level. The stock seat slopes down in the front and causes the rider to slide forward whether you want to or not. I also have a brand new K&H mid seat and it's better than stock but not as comfortable as the Corbin. The only time I sit all the way back in the seat cup area is at high speeds when I want to lean forward into the wind.

Chip
 
I feel fortunate that I haven't experienced any problems with the stock 13 seat sliding me forward into the tank. Now the seat on my Hawk GT is another story (depending on the material of my britches this effect can be particularly bad).
 
Thread starter
With the Corbin seat does the backrest work with the rack installed? I have the Honda rack installed. So close to buying!!
 
Every Corbin I have owned (3) sits you further back. I have made adjustments to all three, but it takes several months (6 months) for them to get it right. They often have the attitude that they know whats right for the consumer, more of a one size fits all mentality. Its like pulling teeth to get them to keep modifying until the seat feels right, but they will.

The above reasons are why I had a custom seat done by a personal hand craftsman. He took the time to get it right the first time by asking for pictures and markings on the original seat.

Good Luck

Edit: If you decide on Corbin deal with the CA not FL office. All modification are done in CA and they tend to be better listener out there.
 
I have heard that if you want the best chance of getting a good Corbin, show up in person at their facility in California. This seems to be especially true since the ownership changed.

I have never owned a Corbin and few Corbins have suited my bum when I sat on them so I'm not motivated to buy one.
 
I ordered my corbin at Laconia bike week, a $50 discount. They shipped me their web site version. I called them and after riding season I shipped the seat, they paid both ways, and in 3 weeks they returned the perfect as ordered seat. You notice I didn't want to part with the seat during riding season, that's how comfortable it is...Great customer service...
 
Thread starter
Corbin owners. So does the seat with the back rest on work with the Cb1100 luggage rack installed? This is the only thing holding me back from buying.
 
Back
Top