Corbin seat

Ltrypsin_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Picked up a ,Corbin seat from another member. I love the way it looks and it fits me well. Only thing is I don't think I'll live long enough to break it in.nAnyone else that owns one find them rather firm? Anyone have the foam replace by something softer?
 
All Corbins are um...firm. Supposedly sinking into a seat is what makes your backside ache. They say they get more comfortable over time. Either they break in...or you do. lol
 
I had mine made custom at Corbin while I waited. I even test rode the bike with the foam before they covered it and I was SHOCKED as to how hard it became after they covered it. The foam itself is actually rather pliable until they cover it, then it gets stiff.
There really isn't much you can do but ride with it and it will break in.
 
Think of it as saddle. After a couple of thousand miles, after the boils have drained and healed, it will fit your butt like a glove!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I've put a few miles on mine and it only took about 500-1000 miles to break it in. But even being stiff, it's much better than stock.
 
I ordered mine with 1" extra foam, to raise me up a little. I've been riding on it for about 300 miles. Yes, it's still stiff. However, it doesn't slide me forward, like the stock seat used to. And the shape feels more supportive to me. I had a Corbin on my previous bike. It felt firm for 10 years. During that time, my butt was never the first thing to get sore while riding a long time.
 
Have had my Corbin on my Shadow for 14yrs. Yep firm...but surprising the "bum" stays comfortable!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have past experience with a Corbin seat on my FJR, firm, but comfortable. My question for those that have them on their CB's; how does the width compare to the stock seat? The one on my FJR was considerably wider than stock, how is the one for the CB?
 
Width: I don't have both of them side-by-side to measure and compare. Going by "seat-of-the-pants," the Corbin feels wider mostly because it doesn't have the vertical taper toward the top seating area like the original. I notice the wider feeling with both feet down and while seated. It's not a hugely significant difference, but definitely enough to notice, especially toward the front of the saddle.
 
i have a corbin seat cb1100 rock hard ride short leg so cant sit back to get full width of seat had sargent seat on my bmw r1150rt real nice on the bum i stitch two and fro with stock and corbin had corbin on vstrom that was great 21000 miles in just over a year hoping cb11000 seat will work in the end
 
My two cents... My Corbin is firm, but it supports nicely. It is smooth and lets me slide around at will rather that gripping my britches. For me, that is it's best quality. I hate being stuck in one place all day. It is about the same width as the stock at the front of the seat but gets wider at the bucket. When I am riding "hard" (a relative term, to be sure) I like to shove back against the step so as to feel well planted. If that makes sense. My butt still gets sore after a couple of hours, but not nearly so sore as with the stock seat.
 
Roper_imp said:
Width: I don't have both of them side-by-side to measure and compare. Going by "seat-of-the-pants," the Corbin feels wider mostly because it doesn't have the vertical taper toward the top seating area like the original. I notice the wider feeling with both feet down and while seated. It's not a hugely significant difference, but definitely enough to notice, especially toward the front of the saddle.
Roper, thank you for the insight. If it's not that significant that's good. I flat foot on the CB easily with the stock seat, the Corbin being a little wider shouldn't make much difference.
 
TCinNC_imp said:
XSCBT_imp said:
I hear they are hard. I have one on the way. Stock is rough on me.
Hello XS, how about letting me know about width comparison when you get the Corbin?
Hello XS, how about letting me know about width comparison when you get the Corbin?
Will do. Should be another couple of weeks or so.
 
Counter-intuitively, you do not want a seat that is too soft. After a while the foam compresses to the point that it's almost like just riding on the frame. That's where the pain starts. So when it comes to long distance comfort, firmer is better.
 
Back
Top