corbin seat for CB1100 ???

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I have had Corbin seats on both my CBX,s for over 20 years and they still look as new.I always buy the vinyl ones as they are more waterproof and less maintainance than the leather ones.When I bought the 94 and 95 CB1000 the first thing I did was ordering a Corbin seat.They have many materials and colors available.
The best thing with these seats is that they are wider than the Honda stock seats,a little firm for the first few hundred miles but after that perfect for me,my weight about 220 is spread over a bigger area and 400 miles a day is no problem.I hope that Corbin will bring out a seat for our bikes,they are well made ,easy to install and I would rather buy aseat made in the USA than one from far way and high shipping cost.I will call Corbin tomorrow and see what they think about coming out with a seat for the CB1100.I also could use a little more height(I am 6.0 ) but might see if a Airhawk seat cover will help for the time being.
 
I didn't have as good an experience with a Corbin seat. I bought a 01 Kawasaki ZR7-s in 2006 and one of the first accessories I got was a Corbin seat. I had heard good things about them so I gave it a shot.
When I received it it was unusually hard ( from sitting on a shelf for a few years) and difficult to latch. I rode to work the next day and when I got home the cover had detached from the foam around the seam that ran across the rear of the front section. I didn't return it because I had purchased it from the local m/c dealer and would have had to go through them and pay return shipping. After some thought I decided to buy another seat directly from Corbin and try to find out what went wrong with the first one. I discovered that the cover for the original seat was made too short and they bowed the base and stretched the cover to make it fit. When I removed the rear rivets the base sprang back to it's original shape and would latch properly. The cover was about 1 1/2 " too short. When the new seat arrived it was MUCH softer and fit perfectly but it was never very comfortable to me, probably because it was so sculpted.
A few years later I kept hearing many complaints about Corbin, some about quality and some about customer service. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't buy a Corbin, just buy directly from them. If you buy "off the rack" so to speak that seat could be years old.
 
I had a Corbin on my '06 FZ-1. I've visited the factory, and they're very nice people.

But, I have a Sargent on my ST1300, and I've been very happy with everything about that one. I'm not a fan of Corbin's too hard foam.
 
I'd be interested in a Corbin for the CB1100, so let us know what you hear from them, Houtman. I've also heard some of the things oldyaler said about Corbin, but my experience with the seats at least has been good. I like a firm, even hard seat and the Corbin won't be for the guy who likes a soft, squishy seat.

The stock seat on my Hawk GT was horribly soft and squishy and made the bike almost feel like it had a pivot or hinge in the middle of the chassis, which wasn't the case -- it was the seat. The Corbin transformed the feel of that bike and made you feel much better connected to what the bike was doing. The CB1100's seat is better than a OEM Hawk seat, but still a little too soft for me. I suspect the Corbin would be a nice addition to the CB too. If they do make one -- and I'd be surprised if they didn't -- I kind of hope they keep the mild 'stepped' design of the stocker.

I've had a Sargent seat before and liked it too, so we'll see if they come out with one also.
 
Thread starter
I spoke to the Corbin Company today ((1-800-223-4332) and asked them about a seat for the CB1100. They keep a list of request for seats for new bikes and they had the new Honda 500 cc bikes on that but no one asked for a seat for our bike yet.I told them that most of the buyers for the new CB1100 are older people whom need a more comfortable seat than riders on a crotch rocket.They were keen to get more request for the seat for our bike as they sell many seats in Europe as well.I am quite certain that hopefully soon there will be a Corbin seat available but please give them a call if you are interested.I spoke to Danielle in the sales department.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
Flynbulldog_imp said:
Not as 'finished' looking as the one on my Yamaha, but let's give 'em a chance as I doubt that is the final version.
I know they have a lot of options on colors and patterns. I'm not too fond of the one in the pics but I can see myself getting one just for the backrest ha!



[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/cb11corbin3_zps455bca5e.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/cb11corbin2_zpsc6ec4031.jpg.html]
 
redReno_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Flynbulldog_imp said:
Not as 'finished' looking as the one on my Yamaha, but let's give 'em a chance as I doubt that is the final version.
I know they have a lot of options on colors and patterns. I'm not too fond of the one in the pics but I can see myself getting one just for the backrest ha!



[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/cb11corbin3_zps455bca5e.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/cb11corbin2_zpsc6ec4031.jpg.html]

I know they have a lot of options on colors and patterns. I'm not too fond of the one in the pics but I can see myself getting one just for the backrest ha!

[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/cb11corbin1_zps010e81b2.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/cb11corbin3_zps455bca5e.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/cb11corbin2_zpsc6ec4031.jpg.html]
Honestly, I think if they just got rid of the pleats it would look pretty decent. And I'm totally in agreement, I'd get one just for the backrests. I've got a corbin dual-tour on my Warrior (which also shows I'm not super concerned with looks, I suppose), it'd be nice to be able to swap out the backrests. Looking at the webpage for my dual-tour though, the one in the pics has a bunch of pleats too but my actual d-t is just smooth leather. [url=http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/warrior_dt.shtml]http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/warrior_dt.shtml
 
The pleats on the Corbin on my Super Tenere look really nice up-close and in person, but then again, it's probably easier to make them look good on a half seat like that. The more I ride on the stock seat of the CB1100, the more it feels like a shapeless, unsupportive blob to me. Looks nice, doesn't feel so nice IMHO. Mr. Corbin, I'm keeping an open mind...
 
On my... get into debt list...
from top priority to bottom I have

a new turn signal
motech crashbars
a road comet windscreen
a new crankcase side cover
a new mirror

and now a corbin seat... unless somebody comes out with a backrest for the CB11.
I find the stock seat comfortable for me, even on long rides. It would be great if Honda came out with an oem backrest.
 
redReno_imp said:
On my... get into debt list...
from top priority to bottom I have

a new turn signal
motech crashbars
a road comet windscreen
a new crankcase side cover
a new mirror

and now a corbin seat... unless somebody comes out with a backrest for the CB11.
I find the stock seat comfortable for me, even on long rides. It would be great if Honda came out with an oem backrest.
I totally understand that some guys get along great with the stock seat; matter of fact, you guys are game ahead as you can spend seat money on other farkles. I would consider yourself fortunate.

Myself, I have chronically mis-aligned hips, so the aftermarket solutions usually help quite a bit.
 
That stuff is gonna have to wait, the staintune will be enough to hold me over until I can afford everything else haha.
I hope some of us will get the Corbin and can get it to match the CB11 well and share plenty of pics.
I am also curious to see how a sargent seat would look on the bike.
 
redReno_imp said:
That stuff is gonna have to wait, the staintune will be enough to hold me over until I can afford everything else haha.
I hope some of us will get the Corbin and can get it to match the CB11 well and share plenty of pics.
I am also curious to see how a sargent seat would look on the bike.
The Corbin looks nice but I think a Sargent seat would match the CB's styling better.
 
oldyaler_imp said:
redReno_imp said:
That stuff is gonna have to wait, the staintune will be enough to hold me over until I can afford everything else haha.
I hope some of us will get the Corbin and can get it to match the CB11 well and share plenty of pics.
I am also curious to see how a sargent seat would look on the bike.
The Corbin looks nice but I think a Sargent seat would match the CB's styling better.
The Corbin looks nice but I think a Sargent seat would match the CB's styling better.
Unfortunately, they still have no plans to build a new seat for the CB at the moment. I talked to their spokesman last weekend at the Ride Into History event in St Aug, Fl, and he said they still haven't received enough interest in it to put anything in the pipeline.
 
Back
Top