Corbin seat fitment question

apex1_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
On the Samurider site there are different seats listed for the redesigned 2017 and later CB1100EXs than for earlier models, but the Corbin website shows the same seat as for the earlier bikes. Has anyone fit a 2017 with a Corbin seat?
 
I've seen other references of the solo, but cannot determine if there are any conflicts with the carrier rack.

Now, solo + carrier rack together has an unusual look - so that is yet another issue.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
apex1 - which style were you thinking? Gunfighter solo, or with Lady (/w passenger pillion) ?
I am interested in the Gunfighter and Lady so I can take a passenger. I seem to recall that when some earlier aftermarket seats are mounted on a 2017, they are very snug against the 2017 tank, actually causing some deformation at the nose of the seat. Deformation of the seat foam and cover would not be a problem with a Corbin seat because a Corbin seat has a very stiff fiberglass base, but I really am not wanting to have to cram a Corbin seat onto the bike so that it is pushing very hard against the back of the tank. If it is an issue, it will destroy the paint on the back of the tank even with paint protection film on the tank. If a stock pre-2017 seat won't fit a 2017 bike, I'm having trouble understanding how a Corbin designed for a pre-2017 would fit like a seat Corbin actually designs for a newer bike.
 
apex1_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
apex1 - which style were you thinking? Gunfighter solo, or with Lady (/w passenger pillion) ?
I am interested in the Gunfighter and Lady so I can take a passenger. I seem to recall that when some earlier aftermarket seats are mounted on a 2017, they are very snug against the 2017 tank, actually causing some deformation at the nose of the seat. Deformation of the seat foam and cover would not be a problem with a Corbin seat because a Corbin seat has a very stiff fiberglass base, but I really am not wanting to have to cram a Corbin seat onto the bike so that it is pushing very hard against the back of the tank. If it is an issue, it will destroy the paint on the back of the tank even with paint protection film on the tank. If a stock pre-2017 seat won't fit a 2017 bike, I'm having trouble understanding how a Corbin designed for a pre-2017 would fit like a seat Corbin actually designs for a newer bike.
I am interested in the Gunfighter and Lady so I can take a passenger. I seem to recall that when some earlier aftermarket seats are mounted on a 2017, they are very snug against the 2017 tank, actually causing some deformation at the nose of the seat. Deformation of the seat foam and cover would not be a problem with a Corbin seat because a Corbin seat has a very stiff fiberglass base, but I really am not wanting to have to cram a Corbin seat onto the bike so that it is pushing very hard against the back of the tank. If it is an issue, it will destroy the paint on the back of the tank even with paint protection film on the tank. If a stock pre-2017 seat won't fit a 2017 bike, I'm having trouble understanding how a Corbin designed for a pre-2017 would fit like a seat Corbin actually designs for a newer bike.
I think I recall some of those 2017 concerns on similar past posts. Agreed - tank paint abrasion/loss due to seat friction is bad enough with the OEM seat. There is no interest to make that issue worse.
 
I have a 2013 ABS , a 2014 DLX and a 2017 EX ; all with a Corbin seat. Because of being 6 ft I ordered for all these bike the higher version.
They all fit perfectly and if anything there is a slightly larger gap on the 2017 between tank and seat.
On all the tanks I did put a small strip of Snyders painters tape (clear ) to prevent belt buckles or zippers from scratching the tank but that probably is not needed .
 
"Higher seat option" - thanks for the tip Houtman. Will the higher amount equal or exceed the OEM seat, and would you happen to share by how much? One inch? More? Thanks.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have a 2013 ABS , a 2014 DLX and a 2017 EX ; all with a Corbin seat. Because of being 6 ft I ordered for all these bike the higher version.
They all fit perfectly and if anything there is a slightly larger gap on the 2017 between tank and seat.
On all the tanks I did put a small strip of Snyders painters tape (clear ) to prevent belt buckles or zippers from scratching the tank but that probably is not needed .
John, can you picture'em = all three please, thanks
 
This is mine the day I got the seat on my 13 at Corbin.

a2792b69e5a299eaf4b9358030ec8851.jpg
 
In the UK certain business are allowed to use the Royal Warrant which gives them the right to say something like "By appointment to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, suppliers of Internet photographic posting services" under a picture of the royal coat of arms. Substitute "Houtman" for QEII and Cormanus has earned a warrant.

Herewith, photos of Houtman's Corbin seats.



[url=https://postimg.cc/0bCjkkmv]

[url=https://postimg.cc/LJ6XhcB1]

I'm guessing, but I think they're in order: 2013, 2014, 2017.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
In the UK certain business are allowed to use the Royal Warrant which gives them the right to say something like "By appointment to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, suppliers of Internet photographic posting services" under a picture of the royal coat of arms. Substitute "Houtman" for QEII and Cormanus has earned a warrant.

Herewith, photos of Houtman's Corbin seats.



[url=https://postimg.cc/0bCjkkmv]

[url=https://postimg.cc/LJ6XhcB1]

I'm guessing, but I think they're in order: 2013, 2014, 2017.
Thanks again George !!!

the order is 2017-2014 and 2013
As you can see the biggest gap is on the 2017 but also enough room on both others , see also Snyders Paint Guard on the tanks.
 
Back
Top