Cool new helmet coming

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I dig old-school looking helmets, but usually wear modern, practical lids for commuting. Picked up a Biltwell Gringo last year, mostly to use for occaisions like the DGR, where something classically styled would be appropriate. But, ventilation and practicality could be better.

I was at the Born Free biker show over the weekend, and Biltwell had some samples of an upcoming helmet called the Gringo SV. It's got the classic look, but with some added subtle ventilation and a more securely swivelling face shield. Looks pretty cool!

Checked it out on their website, no release date yet, but the guy at the show said it should be very soon.

Gringo SV Helmet - Gloss White

 
Thread starter
Well, I'm a cheapskate, so by the time that helmet hits the market, then starts to go on clearance at motorcyclegear.com, some of my current helmets will have aged-out, so I'll be ready to pick one up at a discount!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... yes indeed, if one desires to match the look of their ride.
I tend to do the opposite, though not consciously. I tend to wind up with bikes that match my helmets.



 
Thread starter
That's pretty cool. I have an old green and gold Scorpion helmet, which means that I must go out and buy a new Z650rs, right?

Looking through the swag bag I picked up at the show, Biltwell included an air freshener that's a picture of that new helmet in metallic red. So, I'll hang it from the mirror in my car, and think about my future helmet when I go for a drive.
 
Back
Top