Cool new 125 Monkey bike from Honda for 2014

I want one! You think this thing would cruise at 50 mpg on a 2 lane hwy? Wonder whats up with Honda bringing all the cool stuff to the states these days?
 
Yea, it LOOKS cool. BUTT (no typo here) I still have road rash scars, or parking lot scars, from riding those damned XR75s and GT80s like I was Giacomo Agostini or Marty Smith!!!!!!
Those damned small wheels will put you on the ground before you knew what happened!!!!
I'll take a black one AND a red one!!!!!!!!v :D
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I want one! You think this thing would cruise at 50 mpg on a 2 lane hwy? Wonder whats up with Honda bringing all the cool stuff to the states these days?
I read somewhere today that top speed is 65 mph. Not too surprising with a F.I. 125cc motor, but that's probably in calm winds.
Inline4_imp said:
Yea, it LOOKS cool. BUTT (no typo here) I still have road rash scars, or parking lot scars, from riding those damned XR75s and GT80s like I was Giacomo Agostini or Marty Smith!!!!!!
Those damned small wheels will put you on the ground before you knew what happened!!!!
I'll take a black one AND a red one!!!!!!!!v :D
I dunno, man, you sound pretty excited! You just need to wear some armor to avoid the road rash this time around...
 
Cool...Can you imagine riding those things on a Kart track..woohooo

Back when, as an mid 20s adult we used to have a group that road raced Honda Z 50's in garages. It was a blast and when you dug a peg into the ground, spun it around and fell off, you didn't get hurt...At least not badly hurt lol. Of course these would go twice as fast as a Z 50. Might hurt a bit to fall off at speed on one of these.
 
Thread starter
I think these things have a better chance of luring some youngsters away from their iPhones and Xboxes than anything else out there. I sure do hope so.
 
Cool indeed.
I asked my old lady if she wanted to learn how to ride, she gave me an excited "YES" and then i showed her her future bike lol. Sadly she doesn't think the Grom is cool, but I'd like to have one anyway wheelies would be fun to pull.
Anybody else think of this movie when thinking about all the possibilities with the Grom?


 
It's known as the Honda MSX125 in the rest of the world. There are some pretty entertaining videos of it out on youtube. Looks like it would be a lot of fun.
 
Thread starter
Cool mini-trail Supercruz. They're just so damned cute! Hopefully this new Grom will inspire some youngsters like those Z50s did back in the day.
 
mrhonda1987_imp said:
I wonder if one of those Grom engines will fit into my C70 Passport frame? Hmm....
All you need is a torch and a MIG! (welder, not a plane. :D )
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I want one! You think this thing would cruise at 50 mpg on a 2 lane hwy? Wonder whats up with Honda bringing all the cool stuff to the states these days?
I think Honda has hit a huge homerun with this year's lineup here in the states. It's getting back to where they had something for everyone, with a natural progression (if one wanted to) up to the bigger, more expensive stuff.

Must say the surprise for me is the F6B. Took one for a ride at an open house ( just for yuks, ya'know? ) and found myself thinking " hey, I could live with this..." Really nice bike.

Pete C
 
Thread starter
petec_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I want one! You think this thing would cruise at 50 mpg on a 2 lane hwy? Wonder whats up with Honda bringing all the cool stuff to the states these days?
I think Honda has hit a huge homerun with this year's lineup here in the states. It's getting back to where they had something for everyone, with a natural progression (if one wanted to) up to the bigger, more expensive stuff.

Must say the surprise for me is the F6B. Took one for a ride at an open house ( just for yuks, ya'know? ) and found myself thinking " hey, I could live with this..." Really nice bike.

Pete C
I think Honda has hit a huge homerun with this year's lineup here in the states. It's getting back to where they had something for everyone, with a natural progression (if one wanted to) up to the bigger, more expensive stuff.

Must say the surprise for me is the F6B. Took one for a ride at an open house ( just for yuks, ya'know? ) and found myself thinking " hey, I could live with this..." Really nice bike.

Pete C
I think Honda finally hired someone in their marketing department who didn't see much future in their status quo strategy.

I agree, they definitely upped their game this year.
 
Now, if only they'd make a sport-touring bike with cruise control, decent luggage capacity, designed in this century, that didn't cost an arm & a leg.
 
petec_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I want one! You think this thing would cruise at 50 mpg on a 2 lane hwy? Wonder whats up with Honda bringing all the cool stuff to the states these days?
I think Honda has hit a huge homerun with this year's lineup here in the states. It's getting back to where they had something for everyone, with a natural progression (if one wanted to) up to the bigger, more expensive stuff.

Must say the surprise for me is the F6B. Took one for a ride at an open house ( just for yuks, ya'know? ) and found myself thinking " hey, I could live with this..." Really nice bike.

Pete C
I love my CB1100 for day or weekend trips, but if I can ever arrange for a week or more of consecutive days off from work so I could go on a proper long distance cruise, I think that F6B would find its way into my garage.

At the NYC motorcycle show the F6B and the CB1100 drew the biggest crowds at the Honda display.
 
The Grom. I saw that bike on Honda's web site some time ago. I have no use for it and I need that bike about as much as I need a dose of the clap. So....why do I want one so much??? Good grief. When I was 14 years old I had a Honda Trail 70 with a license plate. I rode it all over central Arizona with no drivers license and never got caught. Such great times. Perhaps the Grom reminds me of that.

Chip
 
I really want one as well! Would be great around campus but really don't need it at all seeing as I have the cb11. But just the thought of being in full gear buzzing around town brings a smile to my face.
 
Back
Top