Conversion to 19" front rim

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The local flat track racing club just received approval to build a mile dirt track out by the airport. I think it's going to be a huge success. There will be amateur flat track races each Thursday night during the summer and a pro championship series on Saturdays. I'm planning to convert my DLX into an open-class racer so I can relive my childhood dreams. I'll need to pare down the weight but the engine should prove to be very competitive, especially once I ditch the porky 4-into-2 exhaust. In fact, I've already lined up a sponsor. Only problem so far is finding a 19" front rim that'll work on this bike. I'd like to go with an Akront but am having difficulty, and Buchanan's is unwilling to help. Anyone have any luck with one on their CB?















Check your calendar, folks. :celebrate:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
The local flat track racing club just received approval to build a mile dirt track out by the airport. I think it's going to be a huge success. There will be amateur flat track races each Thursday night during the summer and a pro championship series on Saturdays. I'm planning to convert my DLX into an open-class racer so I can relive my childhood dreams. I'll need to pare down the weight but the engine should prove to be very competitive, especially once I ditch the porky 4-into-2 exhaust. In fact, I've already lined up a sponsor. Only problem so far is finding a 19" front rim that'll work on this bike. I'd like to go with an Akront but am having difficulty, and Buchanan's is unwilling to help. Anyone have any luck with one on their CB?















Check your calendar, folks. :celebrate:
 
Houtman, are you kidding me? I just ordered a 19” front wheel!! :P

He had me going. Sounded like fun to me. :)
 
Good one, LR! I was crackin' up even before I figured out what day it was.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
The local flat track racing club just received approval to build a mile dirt track out by the airport. I think it's going to be a huge success. There will be amateur flat track races each Thursday night during the summer and a pro championship series on Saturdays. I'm planning to convert my DLX into an open-class racer so I can relive my childhood dreams. I'll need to pare down the weight but the engine should prove to be very competitive, especially once I ditch the porky 4-into-2 exhaust. In fact, I've already lined up a sponsor. Only problem so far is finding a 19" front rim that'll work on this bike. I'd like to go with an Akront but am having difficulty, and Buchanan's is unwilling to help. Anyone have any luck with one on their CB?















Check your calendar, folks. :celebrate:
I thought April Fool's ended at 12 pm noon April 1? :-/
 
Maybe in Canada but in the US you better watch out all day. :)
 
Actually, popgun, it ends at noon in most of the civilised world. :P
 
What are trying to say. At least we can spell civilized and pronounce aluminum like its spelled. :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What are trying to say. At least we can spell civilized and pronounce aluminum like its spelled. :D
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What are trying to say. At least we can spell civilized and pronounce aluminum like its spelled. :D
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
Or use punctuation?

And if you spell aluminium incorrectly, of course you mispronounce it. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What are trying to say. At least we can spell civilized and pronounce aluminum like its spelled. :D
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
Or use punctuation?

And if you spell aluminium incorrectly, of course you mispronounce it. :P
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
Or use punctuation?

And if you spell aluminium incorrectly, of course you mispronounce it. :P
It is interesting when some European regions pronounce aluminum (i.e. Cormanus spelling) like it is some heavy metal radioactive isotope.

I think "mother" Britannia is one of them.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What are trying to say. At least we can spell civilized and pronounce aluminum like its spelled. :D
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
Or use punctuation?

And if you spell aluminium incorrectly, of course you mispronounce it. :P
We just can't form complete sentences. Should be What are YOU trying to say. :(
Or use punctuation?

And if you spell aluminium incorrectly, of course you mispronounce it. :P
It is interesting when some European regions pronounce aluminum (i.e. Cormanus spelling) like it is some heavy metal radioactive isotope.

I think "mother" Britannia is one of them.
Houtman_imp said:
In England they say aluminium , I do know as my wife is English .
QED
 
Back
Top