Contemplating selling 2014 full exhaust with 2 miles on them

teamvisegrip_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey guys... so help me out here if you can. I removed the full exhaust on my 2014 the day I bought it with just 2 miles on the clock. Replaced it with the full Yoshimura System. I am in clean-out mode and thinking to list them.

They are all but brand new.

If I was to list them on eBay what do you think they are worth or should I hold onto them?

I looked up what they would cost of bought off Partszilla and was shocked.
 
I suspect the bike would be easier to sell if it had the stock bits on it (or available).

But I guess that depends upon when Honda discontinues those parts. :)
 
That's going to be a tough sell,who wants a stock exhaust when there a more than a few out there? I was in the market for the pipe section for a project but wouldn't pay anywhere near what a new piece goes for. I'd pay no more than $100 plus shipping regardless how clean it is.
 
Thread starter
Rboe you make a good point... stock bikes sell better. Yes I can go back but I will not be doing that in my life time. I will ride it with the modifications I have done till I cannot ride it any longer.

When I am gone the one boy that will get the bikes is only interested in a few of mine. He will not appreciate the CB1100 like I do. The sad thing is the bikes he does want will be very difficult for him to keep running.

Heck of a predicament... but I will be gone for all of this. LOL!

I will list my extras on eBay and see what happens. I was surfing tonight and there are a few nasty systems out there and the prices are higher than I would have expected. I will just slip in under all of them.

The only guy that wants the stock exhaust is the guy that dropped his bike and needs a new one and only a stock one will do as he was smarter than I was by keeping his bike stock. LOL!
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
That's going to be a tough sell,who wants a stock exhaust when there a more than a few out there? I was in the market for the pipe section for a project but wouldn't pay anywhere near what a new piece goes for. I'd pay no more than $100 plus shipping regardless how clean it is.
Shipping alone would be at least $200+ to ship one.
 
Ah, I see you're in Superior. Many years ago I worked at Superior Cycles on Winter St. Seems like a different life time ago.
 
Thread starter
Rboe Small world right? I use them a lot. They have been doing a lot of boring and head work for me that I cannot do. The old guy is very nice in there.

FLYTYM... Yeah Shipping these parts is the killer. But if I price below everyone else I just might get something for them. If I do not sell the items they will sit and get thrown out when I die! LOL!

I should have put this in the Classifieds the way it is going. But I wanted some sort of feelings as to value and if the parts are sought after. Time will tell when I list them. Maybe I will try here first?

Thank you all for the advice and thoughts from everyone.

FYI here is what I will be listing when I get home mid December.
Air Cleaner Covers Left and Right.
Chain Guard.
Full Exhaust.
Air Filter @ 200 miles on it.
Air Snorkel.
Throttle Body Intake Funnels
 
teamvisegrip_imp said:
Rboe Small world right? I use them a lot. They have been doing a lot of boring and head work for me that I cannot do. The old guy is very nice in there.

FLYTYM... Yeah Shipping these parts is the killer. But if I price below everyone else I just might get something for them. If I do not sell the items they will sit and get thrown out when I die! LOL!

I should have put this in the Classifieds the way it is going. But I wanted some sort of feelings as to value and if the parts are sought after. Time will tell when I list them. Maybe I will try here first?

Thank you all for the advice and thoughts from everyone.

FYI here is what I will be listing when I get home mid December.
Air Cleaner Covers Left and Right.
Chain Guard.
Full Exhaust.
Air Filter @ 200 miles on it.
Air Snorkel.
Throttle Body Intake Funnels
(*sigh*) Sadly, that is close to the truth with other people's things.
 
I didn't even bother to list mine- just threw them in the garbage.

Most anyone who wants stock already has stock- most anyone who is spending money will upgrade.

You *might* luck into the one person- who crashed- didn't have insurance to buy new parts- and wants to fix cheap instead of upgrade- but that means the parts should be cheaper than upgrading...

Meaning- I wouldn't look at the grossly inflated OEM list price as a reference of price demand / value 2nd hand. Especially on an unpopular and low volume bike.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs... yes this is just the person I will be listing my parts for. Even if I get next to nothing for them I will at least make something. I hope to make more than next to nothing. LOL! I cannot see throwing them out. I am sure in 20 years they will be worth a fortune! But by then I will be too old and stupid to remember I have them! LOL!

Thanks again guys for all the help and info. Wish me luck when I list them.
 
teamvisegrip_imp said:
PowerDubs... yes this is just the person I will be listing my parts for. Even if I get next to nothing for them I will at least make something. I hope to make more than next to nothing. LOL! I cannot see throwing them out. I am sure in 20 years they will be worth a fortune! But by then I will be too old and stupid to remember I have them! LOL!

Thanks again guys for all the help and info. Wish me luck when I list them.
What would you take just for the pipes minus the muffler,I would venture to say the muffler would be the part most would want.
 
It was confusing back in the say; guess it still is. You're thinking of the machine shop; our place was the Honda Suzuki place almost across the street from the old depot. Used to be a Hudson dealership, then, in my life time, a Jeep dealership (back when Builders Supply was still in business - I left there to be the parts manager at the bike shop).

A buddy from college had a cousin as the head engineer on (if memory serves) the George A. Stinson. now America Spirit. Got to tour it - holy moly what a beast. Early in it's career the main pin for the unloader broke. Bad heat treatment I think.
 
Heck, I know you're cleaning house, but if you have the room to hang on to these and just keep posting them on Craig's, OfferUp, FB Marketplace, eventually you'll find someone who will want it. I have a few "someday" car and bike parts listed, and stored in the rafters in my office. Every blue moon, someone wants something. Not too long ago, I sold a Nighthawk full exhaust. Took quite a bit of work to box it all up, but the guy needed it, and didn't flinch at the shipping cost.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Heck, I know you're cleaning house, but if you have the room to hang on to these and just keep posting them on Craig's, OfferUp, FB Marketplace, eventually you'll find someone who will want it. I have a few "someday" car and bike parts listed, and stored in the rafters in my office. Every blue moon, someone wants something. Not too long ago, I sold a Nighthawk full exhaust. Took quite a bit of work to box it all up, but the guy needed it, and didn't flinch at the shipping cost.
(+1) on the encouragement.
(+1) on the Nighthawk OEM exhaust.
 
Thread starter
Yes I think that is great advise to just list with a buy-it-now and list local too. I am in no hurry to sell and I am sure that some day some one will crash their bike and need the parts.

Once I get my butt home I will get at it. Every time I get close they add more days to the trip! UGH!

Thanks again for the thoughts and advise.
 
Back
Top