Considering 2013... should I keep looking for 2014?

My 2014 was the only bike that I did not try for a higher gear than existed!
 
I have to admit even though Yamaha went thru all that effort putting a 6th overdrive gear in the tranny and put a gear indicator on the dash of the FJR, I still try finding 7th once in a while on it. Not an issue with my CB though.
 
I frequently tried for 7th on my V7II
 
That's funny, I made the exact switch, Versys to 2013 Cb1100 last year and I haven't regretted it . I miss my Versys And may buy it back some day but I love the smoothness of the cb. You may be hunting for a 6th gear out of habit for a while but I've found it runs pretty well with the 5 speed even at highway speeds.
 
I've owned four, five and six speed bikes. I've always tried for higher gears no matter how many they have.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I've owned four, five and six speed bikes. I've always tried for higher gears no matter how many they have.
I loved my Honda CD50, CD90 and CD175 bikes. When tried going higher than 4th gear, it would click into neutral and you could start all over again

That’s like an infinite speed bike right?
 
JLEECB_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I've owned four, five and six speed bikes. I've always tried for higher gears no matter how many they have.
I loved my Honda CD50, CD90 and CD175 bikes. When tried going higher than 4th gear, it would click into neutral and you could start all over again

That’s like an infinite speed bike right?
I loved my Honda CD50, CD90 and CD175 bikes. When tried going higher than 4th gear, it would click into neutral and you could start all over again

That’s like an infinite speed bike right?
Oh wow. So one could go from 4th to essentially 1st at speed?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
JLEECB_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I've owned four, five and six speed bikes. I've always tried for higher gears no matter how many they have.
I loved my Honda CD50, CD90 and CD175 bikes. When tried going higher than 4th gear, it would click into neutral and you could start all over again

That’s like an infinite speed bike right?
I loved my Honda CD50, CD90 and CD175 bikes. When tried going higher than 4th gear, it would click into neutral and you could start all over again

That’s like an infinite speed bike right?
Oh wow. So one could go from 4th to essentially 1st at speed?
I loved my Honda CD50, CD90 and CD175 bikes. When tried going higher than 4th gear, it would click into neutral and you could start all over again

That’s like an infinite speed bike right?
Oh wow. So one could go from 4th to essentially 1st at speed?
Yes, the gears just keep cycling through. I had to relearn downshifting when I moved back to the US. Haha
 
will866_imp said:
Waited to find my 14 dlx. Glad everyday that I did.
Watched the CB1100 develop from a show bike in 2007, a production bike in '10 not available in the US, and the then the '13 arrived ... and after thinking I passed on it. All I really wanted was a silver engine and maybe a different color. The '14 DLX arrived with the dressed up engine and something like 30 other improvements and that's what I traded the Interceptor for. Never regretted it. DLX's are hard to find now though and I think only 300 came to the states. So, happy hunting.
 
Good luck with your decision. I’ve had both the 13 and the
14 deluxe. To me, the 6th gear was the reason I sold one for
the other. The 4 into 2 is nice as are the other improvements,
but it’s the 6th gear that makes it so much better.
 
Thanks, mate. Still not working for me, so must be some form of geoblocking.
 
Geoblocking.

Its a not game of two up, either bike and your still a winner.

Better still buy an airline ticket fly down under and buy a 2010 model and you'll probably be the only bloke in the States that has one, go on you know you want one.

Check out Used Motorcycle For Sale - Buy and Sell Motorcycles Australia.

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2010-honda-cb1100/OAG-AD-17314669/?Cr=4

Sitting in front of the fire, snow down to 400m today. Listening to Skyhooks ( When the sun sets over Calrton - Lygon Street Limbo) I recall living in the 70's.

Regards NRTM
 
IMO, the 2013 is the better looking of the two. The all black 14 does look amazing with a sword silver tank, but you have to buy one.

I know the 13 only has 5 gears, but It is really not that big of an issue for me.
 
Back
Top