connection to control unit with OBD

Bflint, they had to SEND you an update? I update the software on-line.

Or did you somehow update the tool?
 
bflint_imp said:
Finally got my new HealTech OBD diagnostic tool working. HealTech had to send me a software update, but now I see pretty graphs and moving numbers. Now I have to spend some time figuring out what is all means :)


Nice- what is it capable of showing you?
 
bflint_imp said:
Finally got my new HealTech OBD diagnostic tool working. HealTech had to send me a software update, but now I see pretty graphs and moving numbers. Now I have to spend some time figuring out what is all means :)
Awesome. Pics please for the Forum!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Bflint, they had to SEND you an update? I update the software on-line.

Or did you somehow update the tool?
They emailed me a fix/update of the computer software and I sent them back a short analysis recording from the fix/update. They confirmed that the fix/update seemed correct and to just use it until they published a new version on the web site. Do you want a copy now?
GoldOxide_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Finally got my new HealTech OBD diagnostic tool working. HealTech had to send me a software update, but now I see pretty graphs and moving numbers. Now I have to spend some time figuring out what is all means :)
Awesome. Pics please for the Forum!
Ok, will try to hook up and figure out today :)
 
No, but appreciate it. I don’t use mine much so will just wait on the update.
 
Here are HealTech OBD sample outputs from my 1st use. FULL DISCLOSURE here ... I have never used an OBD tool and am not a tech. I bought this tool for interest and to hedge my bets for future times when my ride has more years on it. FYI, it did show me a fault message that I have yet to research. Anyway, Attached are some pics and some pdf prints of the outputs.
*
PIC of the tool/computer setup.

*
PIC of tool hookup.

*
PIC of software screen with ignition on and engine off.

*
PIC of software screen with ignition on and engine off and some type of connection fault detection message.

*
PDF report with with ignition on and engine off.

da109fe53e09146c630ab9f9877bdc0f.gif
obd.engineoff.pdf (Size: 333.07 KB / Downloads: 10)
*
MORE STUFF ON NEXT POST
SOME MORE OBD PDF REPORTS:
*
PDF Report with engine on and running in neutral.

[url=attachment.php?aid=12696]obd.engineon.neutral.pdf (Size: 332.34 KB / Downloads: 14)
*
PDF Report with engine on and running in 2nd gear.

[url=attachment.php?aid=12697]obd.engineon.2ndgear.pdf (Size: 332.91 KB / Downloads: 17)
*
PDF Report after running in 2nd gear for awhile then switched to neutral (before turning off).

[url=attachment.php?aid=12698]obd.engineon.neutral-2.pdf (Size: 333.55 KB / Downloads: 12)
 
"Open or short circuit in the TXD/RXD wire" ... is this still an issue?

That is referring to the serial transmit/receive wire pair. Maybe they are reversed? Or maybe they are mixed up with the ground or source pins.

If the TXD/RXD wires (in the OBD2 cable) have not been sorted out, any "readings" you may get will be meaningless.
 
Nice information, let me help decipher some of them ...
As per your data list, I am just wondering why the reading is the following:
Why the "ECT" (Engine Coolant Temperature) reading is displayed instead of the "EOT" (Engine Oil Temperature) which the CB1100 is using?

For the idling complaint issues:
Keep in mind for future reference that at regular idling speed with the Throttle position at 0 (Tp = 0):
at idling speed of 1121 RPM, the ECT of 253 deg.,IAT of 78 Deg., the IACV valve count is at 34 steps.
at idling speed of 1074 RPM, the ECT of 197 deg, IAT of 71 Deg., the IACV valve count is at 39 steps.
From your KOEO ((Key On, Engine Off) data I was wrong in one of my previous comments under a different blog, I did mentioned that with the KOEO the IACV reading should be at 125 steps - your picture that it is at 99 steps.

Also, can you post a graphic view (let's say 10 seconds) of some selected data instead of just line data? (selected data of Idle speed, ECT, IAT and IACV?

FYI, the "Graph" information is more helpful since it shows information during a selected time period instead of just that "one" instant.
To make it easier to understand, it is explained like this ... Graph information is like you are watching a full movie (with thousands of frames) compared to line data which is "looking" only at "one" specific frame. - I am not sure whether I explained myself properly.

The MAP information, is it possible to change from "PSIG" value to let's say Inch of mercury absolute?

Also, the ST and LT Fuel trim is at 1.0 which means that your engine is running at perfect stoichiometric - not too lean or not too rich - there is no ECM correction required.

I should buy that OBD2 adaptor for my CB to play with.
Regards
Alain
 
Nice work with samples Bflint

Very sure that Lord Popgun is going to carry post #46 under his seat, in case if his HealTech fails...while on the road , NARSe to him :)
:beerchug:
 
Don’t have to PB. I can just pull up this thread :D

Alain, the software makes run files as long as you have space to store them. You can see the time at the top of the first data screen pic.

These files are saved on your PC and you can play them back anytime. There are also sample files to watch. I have baseline files I made during our idle speed problem investigation.

The file type is proprietary, but you can still watch files from other users. How? Well, you have to go to the Healtech web site and download and install the software (you don’t need the ODB tool) then someone can send you a run file and you have to put it in the proper directory and then you can run it.

You can actually hook the thing up, and go for a ride while it logs data.
 
Thanks LP,
I already have the Enhance Toyota/Lexus and Generic OBDII Techstream software including the interphase module, however, I only need to purchase the Honda/OBD2 cable as per "GO".
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/143465521559?ul_noapp=true

This should give me access to the CB data stream.
In my younger days, I used to work on the Techstream development team and their introduction to the dealer network. Haven't done that for a while now and loosing.

May be it is time to get back to it now when I have lots of time on hand. ;)
Regards
Alain
 
Hi LP, This is what I have as Vehicle Interface Cable by Drew Technologies "MONGOOSE".

Hopefully with the Honda OBDII adaptor I can be in business.

 
Thread starter
bflint_imp said:
Finally got my new HealTech OBD diagnostic tool working. HealTech had to send me a software update, but now I see pretty graphs and moving numbers. Now I have to spend some time figuring out what is all means :)
how does the experience with HealTech OBD H01 continue?:)
 
Enzofour_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Finally got my new HealTech OBD diagnostic tool working. HealTech had to send me a software update, but now I see pretty graphs and moving numbers. Now I have to spend some time figuring out what is all means :)
how does the experience with HealTech OBD H01 continue?:)
how does the experience with HealTech OBD H01 continue?:) I am embarrassed to say that I have not used it since I got it to work with the new software fix. Just about that same time I started a bunch of major maintenance and the bike has been mostly offline (not working) since then. Currently waiting for a dingless/chipless gas task to be returned in the next week or so. When it does, I will commit to learning what all the properties are.
 
Thread starter
bflint_imp said:
Enzofour_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Finally got my new HealTech OBD diagnostic tool working. HealTech had to send me a software update, but now I see pretty graphs and moving numbers. Now I have to spend some time figuring out what is all means :)
how does the experience with HealTech OBD H01 continue?:)
how does the experience with HealTech OBD H01 continue?:) I am embarrassed to say that I have not used it since I got it to work with the new software fix. Just about that same time I started a bunch of major maintenance and the bike has been mostly offline (not working) since then. Currently waiting for a dingless/chipless gas task to be returned in the next week or so. When it does, I will commit to learning what all the properties are.
how does the experience with HealTech OBD H01 continue?:) I am embarrassed to say that I have not used it since I got it to work with the new software fix. Just about that same time I started a bunch of major maintenance and the bike has been mostly offline (not working) since then. Currently waiting for a dingless/chipless gas task to be returned in the next week or so. When it does, I will commit to learning what all the properties are.
Thanks bflint, keep us informed.
 
Back
Top