comments on retro looks

Carl Hopkins_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I was about to fire up and pull off from a refuel yesterday.

A guy pulls up, I thought it was a fried until he took his sunglasses off. Anyway he says to me "you would want to sell that old beat up hunk of junk would you"?

I knew what he was thinking after realizing he wasn't who I thought.

He was rather taken by the retro style and said he really thought is was a well kept 750.

Just thought I would share.

Carl
 
At least once a week, at a stoplight or a gas pump, someone inevitably asks me "the question". "What year is it?".
 
I have the original retros, 1975 CB750 and 1978 CB550..............you meet the nicest people on a Honda.............ready to meet next generation "Nicest" with the CB1100.
 
Gentlemen,

The CB1100 is an "old beat up hunk of junk" just like the 1969 Camaro or a 1965 Mustang Fastback. Their styling is a benchmark that has been studied and copied for decades.

Chip
 
I went to a bike night last night and had a steady stream of admirers and inquirers. Split 50/50 among those asking what year the CB was and guys who knew about it but hadn't seen one yet. Lots of 'I had a 750 back in 197x.' I'm used to this with the Bonneville, but it's just as prevalent with the CB.
 
I rode mine through Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas and no one gave hoot to what I was riding....I was invisible.
 
cbfan_imp said:
I have the original retros, 1975 CB750 and 1978 CB550..............you meet the nicest people on a Honda.............ready to meet next generation "Nicest" with the CB1100.
yes, yes - cb1100 is nice bike to own by nice people. maybe it is the reason they tuned the bike mildly?

i received too many compliments about this bikes, some even honked, it become annoying.
 
Beautiful bikes indeed!
What puzzles me the most is Honda's decision not to keep the 4 into 4 stainless pipes? Dont they look better? I think they do.
 
Great pic! Add a 69 pre K to that and ya got a museum going there! I wonder if that's my old black "k" model ya got there! lol!
Back in August we putted to a bike rally in Indiana.....stopped to eat breakfast. When we came out there were 5 or 6 people standing around the 1100 asking all the above questions...Mostly "is it old or new"? ....Lola thought there were looking at her helmet!! Still laughing!!
 
hondahoarder_imp said:
cbfan_imp said:
I have the original retros, 1975 CB750 and 1978 CB550..............you meet the nicest people on a Honda.............ready to meet next generation "Nicest" with the CB1100.
You do you do, and as you can see in this pic of three from our Hoard, they did a very nice job keeping this one true to it's heritage. 1977 K, 1981 K, and the Cb1100



You do you do, and as you can see in this pic of three from our Hoard, they did a very nice job keeping this one true to it's heritage. 1977 K, 1981 K, and the Cb1100

[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bike%20Collection/threegenerations_zps420421bf.jpg.html] Great looking stable you got there :beerchug:
 
One of the features that has seemed to evolve with the cb1100 version is the placement of the foot controls. With them now farther back, it seems to make a more sportbike type riding position which is more athletic than before and probably aids in rider input and control.
 
Did The Slimey Crud Run today. Ya, that one Egan's always writing about?
Had many compliments on the CB11. One guy said "nice job on the resto, dude". I almost said thanks. But I didn't. He could not believe it was a 2013. Everybody wanted to hear it run.

Anyway, Peter Egan was not in attendance today. But some of his buddies were there and I told them I wish he was here so I could get his take on our CB11. Well, one of his buddies has a CB11 and let Peter take it for a spin. Peter gave it his thumbs up according to this guy.


just a few pics,,,

I want one of these in my garage so bad. This GB500 had 6200 miles and looked like it just left the showroom

971cb6f71fc6906c012babb5c36fcc39.jpg


this pit bike was being operated by a 50 year old guy

496393f97134f52dee65c4b182f92560.jpg


out of the I am guessing 700-800 bikes there, 5 were brand new Indians and they drew a HUGE crowd

a567603957c13dc5da8eade06971b8cc.jpg


this gentleman built this bike around an old Ford V8

a9dd469d3ef8aaaf825c7a7c3f2344e0.jpg
 
I was at a light the other day, a Harley guy pulled up, but I think he knew...he said " that's new isn't it?"
I said yeah, 2013, its like a retro, air cooled, he said " it's nice"
So then I had to ask about his Harley.....I said "what year is that?"
He said 1969, I said looks good for that year....he sped off, and I putted along behind him because I had nothing to prove ....:-)
 
Back
Top