Colors

DAC

Road warrior
Thread starter
Probably too early, but if any has any skinny on 2014 US colors I'd love to hear it. I think the red is fantastic and my wife is encouraging me to go for that since she thinks it's more conspicuous. But I also like the Black with the bright engine I've seen offered on other continents.

Thanks!
 
DAC_imp said:
Probably too early, but if any has any skinny on 2014 US colors I'd love to hear it. I think the red is fantastic and my wife is encouraging me to go for that since she thinks it's more conspicuous. But I also like the Black with the bright engine I've seen offered on other continents.

Thanks!
Haven't even heard if there will be a U.S. model for '14.
 
Boy, I hope there is a 2014 (and beyond) model!!! Because it could be then before I could get one..... I really love the red, but from photos I've seen, the white looks pretty sharp, too, I'd love to see it in person.
 
After Honda brought the NT700v to the US I started to get the feeling they were just dumping what remaining stock they had here. I hope it's not the same scenario with the CB1100.
 
Thread starter
oldyaler_imp said:
After Honda brought the NT700v to the US I started to get the feeling they were just dumping what remaining stock they had here. I hope it's not the same scenario with the CB1100.
Interesting. I had thought that it was so expensive to certify a model here in the US that it wouldn't happen without some idea of selling a significant quantity. Honda had a survey on their motorsports web site for a while a couple years ago about the 11 (would you buy one? what would you pay? etc.) The motorags were clamoring for it. Then they showed up. I wonder if it'll end up like the VFR where we get one color per year? Sales will drive it. I think you can get a CBR250R in about four colors but they are selling a ton of those I think.
 
DAC_imp said:
oldyaler_imp said:
After Honda brought the NT700v to the US I started to get the feeling they were just dumping what remaining stock they had here. I hope it's not the same scenario with the CB1100.
Interesting. I had thought that it was so expensive to certify a model here in the US that it wouldn't happen without some idea of selling a significant quantity. Honda had a survey on their motorsports web site for a while a couple years ago about the 11 (would you buy one? what would you pay? etc.) The motorags were clamoring for it. Then they showed up. I wonder if it'll end up like the VFR where we get one color per year? Sales will drive it. I think you can get a CBR250R in about four colors but they are selling a ton of those I think.
Interesting. I had thought that it was so expensive to certify a model here in the US that it wouldn't happen without some idea of selling a significant quantity. Honda had a survey on their motorsports web site for a while a couple years ago about the 11 (would you buy one, what would you pay, etc.) The motorags were clamoring for it. Then they showed up. I wonder if it'll end up like the VFR where we get one color per year? Sales will drive it. I think you can get a CBR250R in about four colors but they are selling a ton of those I think. Yea, if it sells well they'll be inclined to keep it around, at least for one more production run.
 
I for one hope they keep selling these bikes, and others like them, for a good long time. For one, the more of them they sell, the more parts will be available for them. Not to mention after-market parts. Second, I'm sick to death of seeing HD style cruisers with forward controls that all look alike out there or, bikes that look like they belong in a cartoon instead of on real world streets.

I've been riding a CB750 around for that last 5 years and love it to death (I'll have to be pried from my dead clammy fingers) but, have wanted a newer bike for daily use. I was strongly considering a Triumph because they kept the classic look. I hope the classic look and feel regains popularity.

XeNoSCR
 
DAC_imp said:
Probably too early, but if any has any skinny on 2014 US colors I'd love to hear it. I think the red is fantastic and my wife is encouraging me to go for that since she thinks it's more conspicuous. But I also like the Black with the bright engine I've seen offered on other continents.

Thanks!

I too want a black CB because I want to marry it to my black sidecar. I really don't want to paint over that beautiful red. Actually, if I was not going to attach it to a sidecar, I would rather have white.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
Probably too early, but if any has any skinny on 2014 US colors I'd love to hear it. I think the red is fantastic and my wife is encouraging me to go for that since she thinks it's more conspicuous. But I also like the Black with the bright engine I've seen offered on other continents.

Thanks!

I too want a black CB because I want to marry it to my black sidecar. I really don't want to paint over that beautiful red. Actually, if I was not going to attach it to a sidecar, I would rather have white.

I too want a black CB because I want to marry it to my black sidecar. I really don't want to paint over that beautiful red. Actually, if I was not going to attach it to a sidecar, I would rather have white.
Put a wrap on the sidecar.
 
FUZZY_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
Probably too early, but if any has any skinny on 2014 US colors I'd love to hear it. I think the red is fantastic and my wife is encouraging me to go for that since she thinks it's more conspicuous. But I also like the Black with the bright engine I've seen offered on other continents.

Thanks!

I too want a black CB because I want to marry it to my black sidecar. I really don't want to paint over that beautiful red. Actually, if I was not going to attach it to a sidecar, I would rather have white.

I too want a black CB because I want to marry it to my black sidecar. I really don't want to paint over that beautiful red. Actually, if I was not going to attach it to a sidecar, I would rather have white.
Put a wrap on the sidecar.

I too want a black CB because I want to marry it to my black sidecar. I really don't want to paint over that beautiful red. Actually, if I was not going to attach it to a sidecar, I would rather have white.
Put a wrap on the sidecar.
Or order a black tank and side covers from Samurider in Japan.
 
The white and black models have only been released in Japan and Australia. Europe and the US got the red. Europe got the polished engine, we got the black.

Japan also has a sport version, which has shorter handlebars and stiffer suspension.

The dealer where I bought mine said the bike is selling very well, so I think we can expect to see them in 2014 and beyond.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
The white and black models have only been released in Japan and Australia. Europe and the US got the red. Europe got the polished engine, we got the black.

Japan also has a sport version, which has shorter handlebars and stiffer suspension.

The dealer where I bought mine said the bike is selling very well, so I think we can expect to see them in 2014 and beyond.
************************************

I sure do hope you're right because I haven't bought mine yet. I am hoping that they WILL be back in 2014. I am also hoping black will be available in the U.S. because I already have a black sidecar with custom hook-ups ready for the Honda. I really don't want to have to deal with painting a red one.

Now I am a little worried that I won't be able to find one at all. I can't buy one right now because I loaned my CB money to a friend to buy his a few months early (but I'll have it back in a month). I am recovering from a health problem anyway so I didn't need it right now. One of the reasons I like/use sidecars is because of a health issue (and I don't want a trike).

My friend bought his CB and a new sidecar (because he WANTS a sidecar but doesn't need one). He is a very soon to be retireing industrial mechanic/machinist/welder who has already made two sets of incredible strong sub-frame hook-ups for our Hondas.

He is currently having his sidecar painted red and silver. Our painter is top notch. He said yesterday that Honda's red is so exotic, it is giving him fits matching it. The perfectionist this painter is, I have no doubt it will be incredible and a perfect match of the tank. I haven't seen any of his work that wasn't perfect. The sidecar will be red on top and silver on bottom. I will post pics when it's finished. Just thought you guys might be interested.

One thing about it, these bikes will have plenty of power to pull a sidecar!
 
can't wait to see it with a sidecar! :)

There so many cool sidecar designs but I'm partial to this style:

d17af899d967e720f9975e85cf17c4e0.jpg


Mated to this:
6586af1e524971d3da37d570849e264c.jpg


with tank and side covers from japan
 
Flynbulldog,
I have one of those on a Suzuki. The one going on my CB is a copy of an original BMW designed sidecar. My friend's is a modern design. I will be posting pictures in the future.

BTW, the black CB looks fantastic, doesn't it? I've been drooling over the black CB on the Total website.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Flynbulldog,
I have one of those on a Suzuki. The one going on my CB is a copy of an original BMW designed sidecar. My friend's is a modern design. I will be posting pictures in the future.

BTW, the black CB looks fantastic, doesn't it? I've been drooling over the black CB on the Total website.
It seems like most sidecar rigs are black. Even though I love the black CB I think your rig custom painted to match the red and silver would be stunning!
 
Flynbulldog_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Flynbulldog,
I have one of those on a Suzuki. The one going on my CB is a copy of an original BMW designed sidecar. My friend's is a modern design. I will be posting pictures in the future.

BTW, the black CB looks fantastic, doesn't it? I've been drooling over the black CB on the Total website.
It seems like most sidecar rigs are black. Even though I love the black CB I think your rig custom painted to match the red and silver would be stunning!
It seems like most sidecar rigs are black. Even though I love the black CB I think your rig custom painted to match the red and silver would be stunning! **********************************

I agree except for my particular type of sidecar. On it, I don't think the red/silver would work as well. I think if you saw it, you would agree. It's a littlen too old-fashioned looking. But, it will make the bike look older. I like it!

My friend's modern sidecar WILL look stunning!
 
Back
Top