Collective/group noun for the CB1100

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
OK, so I made a mistake and referred to a gaggle of CB1100s.
EmptySea pointed it out.
And then augmented the discussion
I like MTC's retrospective of CB1100s, but it seems to me to capture a rather sedate gathering; like a concourse. For me, it doesn't capture the sense of the CB1100 on the road; or a CB1100 with RLETs and a black Yoshimura; or AussieFlyer's cafe-style CB. That would be more like a roar, a thunder or a bellow of CB1100s, but I don't like any of those much.

Similarly, a warmth of Hondas is excellent, but it doesn't capture the banshee-like din of the Marquez/Pedrosa style of Honda. That's more like a howling of Hondas. Or a triumph of Hondas if you can stand the irony.

I recall a photo from our Taiwanese member (I think) of about 30 or so CB1100s in one place. And next May in the US will see a serious gathering of them. For that reason, I think we should try to produce one or more nouns to describe a collection of CB1100s. Bearing in mind that a collection of ducks can be either a flight (when in the air) or a paddling (when on the water), there seems no reason not to have a number of suitable nouns for the CB1100, depending on the circumstances—at rest, cruising Ferret like along country roads, howling through the twisties a la our former member Red Mist, blowing along on the freeway.

So, as entertainment for those confined to quarters by winter weather, how about joining EmptySea's quest for a group noun?
 
A "Congress" of CB-ers?


Definition:
a formal meeting or series of meetings for discussion between delegates, especially those from within a particular discipline.
 
How about a "siege" of CB's (As it is my understanding that you are looking for a group noun for a collection of the bikes themselves, not the owners).

At least it has that alliteration thing going on. Now if we could find a word that also combines assonance and consonance, we might have a winner.
 
CBer has a completely different meaning to me....lol.

b84b09ed0be58b8f6f928c34e9fb9e22.jpg


485cb785497ce33757b35b9ae24c2b0e.jpg


 
gossman_imp said:
11 meter outlaws eh Randy?
I know nothing about what you speak. These are all for "experimental use only". :D :beerchug:
 
We have always answered to "Buttheads!", but perhaps that is too generic (and assumes no women riders in the bunch :D ).
 
EmptySea_imp said:
An Incontinence of CB1100s? :rofl:
That's not funny to a guy with colitis. :-/
 
Personally, I think "flight" is perfect!

...and "flight" got me to thinking that it might also be kind of cool to have a forum symbol something along the line of the Navy Seabees mascot (whose phonetic name comes from "Construction Battalion" or "CB" for short, for those not from the U.S. of A. :D ):


But something more stylized like this, with maybe a Dave Deal style motorcycle under it instead of a Tommy gun?
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/seabee_zpsa0f67919.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
Geez! Thanks Ole! What about the rest of us? :D

An elegance of CB1100s.
 
Back
Top