Clip Ons thread

dr_rock_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have purchased Honda heated grips and before I put them on my stock bars, I wanted to consider swapping to 2 inch rise clip ons for both ergos and aesthetics.
How many of you have gone that route and what can you recommend both in terms of quality and ease of installation? I believe tank clearance will have to be a factor as our tanks are relative high and wide in the front.
 
I don't think I've seen anyone here install clip ons. Lower bars maybe, but not clip ons.
 
The tanks are too tall, at least on the 14 DLX. Not sure about other models.
Some have installed Honda Type 2 bars. I have some but have yet to install them. I believe they are 1.5" lower.
 
Perhaps some clubman bars:

191bbb69e58b4484cf80b74e12215cc3.jpg
 
Honda CB1100 Forum

if you click on the first pic and look closely the bars appear to be some kind of adjustable clip on mounted below the top tree. The author has not been active since July of last year, but he does list an email addy link in his profile if you click on his name.
 
Thread starter
Henrik_imp said:
Perhaps some clubman bars:

191bbb69e58b4484cf80b74e12215cc3.jpg
Those do look very nice and would accomplish much of the same thing. Are they Norman Hyde? Did you have to alter the brake line or any other cables or just tuck then in?
Thank you for sharing!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Honda CB1100 Forum

if you click on the first pic and look closely the bars appear to be some kind of adjustable clip on mounted below the top tree. The author has not been active since July of last year, but he does list an email addy link in his profile if you click on his name.
Ferret,

That link does not work for me. Is it valid?
Ferret, Ok, never mind. It works from the other thread you posted it in.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Honda CB1100 Forum

if you click on the first pic and look closely the bars appear to be some kind of adjustable clip on mounted below the top tree. The author has not been active since July of last year, but he does list an email addy link in his profile if you click on his name.
Thank you Ferret. That link appears to be broken. I tried searching for the PID number, but that didn't return results.
 
I just picked up a '14 standard that's had clip-ons installed. The PO took the tank to an autobody shop and had them recess & repaint it.

98d210382db2d80cd433b7e4dc037390.


944b693e66ee9d1f5f153c750f140287.
 
Thread starter
12milesout_imp said:
I just picked up a '14 standard that's had clip-ons installed. The PO took the tank to an autobody shop and had them recess & repaint it.

98d210382db2d80cd433b7e4dc037390.


944b693e66ee9d1f5f153c750f140287.
Welcome aboard and congrats! It looks like your photos are shared with a service called Imageshack. They are not displaying. Check to see if you have privacy enabled on the photos.
Was this the beautiful looking café styled cb1100 that was just sold on ebay by any chance?
 
Oops, I did have that set to private. Yes, it was on Ebay, but we ended up working out a deal as I live about 15 minutes from the seller.
 
dr_rock, I have no idea what clubman bars are in the picture I posted. I just found the picture on Google, as I thought clubman bars to be a better alternative to putting clip-ons in the CB.
 
dr_rock_imp said:
I have purchased Honda heated grips and before I put them on my stock bars, I wanted to consider swapping to 2 inch rise clip ons for both ergos and aesthetics.
How many of you have gone that route and what can you recommend both in terms of quality and ease of installation? I believe tank clearance will have to be a factor as our tanks are relative high and wide in the front.
I have 3" rise clip on by apex . The fit and finish is awesome but only has half inch clearance when u lock the steering. I like the clean looks
 
dr_rock Look for aussieflyer's cafe conversion thread on here, The clubman bars in the picture are his. I put clubman bars on my bike but they need to be wider because they hit the tank and there is also not enough space on the grip part of the bar for the controls and reservoirs.
 
Back
Top