Classic fullface helmet

Rod 1975_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Ok, so after reading almost every post about helmets, I still didn't find what I'm looking for.
I'm searching for a classic helmet that looks good on the CB but with modern performance.
I like the looks of the Biltwell Gringo S, the Premier Trophy, the Bell Bullit, but all of them have at least one problem for me.
If any of you knows a full face helmet that is:
- classic looking
- without real leather (to protect my life I believe that I don't have to take other's)
- below 400 eur
- well ventilated

Thank you in advance
 
I have not found a comfortable full face since Shoei made the S20, circa 1976.

Did not know anyone still made leather lined. Had a metalflake gold, leather-lined 3/4 helmet in 1967. It was very comfortable.
 
for me it all boils down to head shape. bell seem to be only helmets, besides arai of course which I refuse to pay for, that fits my head.
 
Bell makes a retro-styled helmet as does Simpson and I think I saw a Scorpion kid that had a retro look to it.

No idea if any of those fit you or your price range.

I have yet to find a retro-styled helmet that meets my “Safety then fit then comfort” standards. At least not for the lid I wear on longer trips or at higher speeds.

I have found that the only way a retro-styled fullface helmet is well-ventilated is if the face shield leaks. Most do not have true vents.
 
My problem with the Biltwell is the visor lock mechanism. My problem with the Bell is cost/value, and fit, but I really like the look. I think the simpson ghost bandit, street bandit or m30 bandit and should come in under 400 Euro. I have a Shoei Qwest which is far from retro, but has a functional simplicity that I like as well as being a good fit for my head shape and very quiet compared to my other helmets. I think finding a SHOEI model under 400 Euro shouldn't be too difficult either with some hunting around. I got mine for $300 canadian.
 
I love my Shoei rf-1200. All the modern full-face goodness and venting in a shape design that's a little more conservative. You can get graphics in a dizzying array of choices, including solids. I found mine for less than $400 new when they discontinued the graphics a couple of years ago. I've ridden in all sorts of weather and been really satisfied. The chin curtain really helps when it's c-c-c-cold outside. I have the "Cruise TC-5". I think it looks awesome with my Black '14.

 
Thread starter
Finally found what I was looking for...

NEXX X.G100R
- classic
- not real leather
- ventilation
- under 400 eur
- and gorgeous :)

take a look here Helmets - NEXX Helmets
Already ordered the Purist White. Next week is here :clap:
Now I have to think in the graphics I want to make for it...

Buuuuut... since I also love the look of the Biltwell Gringo S, I ordered one also :D
White tri-stripe
https://www.biltwellinc.com/p808/bu...s/gringo-s/-gringo-s-helmet-white-tri-stripe/

2 new helmets coming :excited:

The Nexx will be used for more spirited driving and long trips and the Gringo for city and relaxed driving.

Thanks to all for your answers :thumbsup:
 
Cool helmets! I think I would miss the vents in warm weather. Then again, my jacket isn't vented, and I seem to do okay in warm weather. At any rate, the white color may help keep things a little cooler. Happy riding!
 
Gosh dangit people! Quit spending my $!!!!!

The Billy B in black/white or the Motordrome in green/black would look great on my Triumph.

I didn't see any safety ratings (dot/snell). Anybody find out how these stack up?
 
Thread starter
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Gosh dangit people! Quit spending my $!!!!!

The Billy B in black/white or the Motordrome in green/black would look great on my Triumph.

I didn't see any safety ratings (dot/snell). Anybody find out how these stack up?
The Biltwell is DOT approved and the NEXX is ECE approved. ;)

FAQs - NEXX Helmets
 
Rod 1975_imp said:
Finally found what I was looking for...

NEXX X.G100R
- classic
- not real leather
- ventilation
- under 400 eur
- and gorgeous :)

take a look here Helmets - NEXX Helmets
Already ordered the Purist White. Next week is here :clap:
Now I have to think in the graphics I want to make for it...

Buuuuut... since I also love the look of the Biltwell Gringo S, I ordered one also :D
White tri-stripe
https://www.biltwellinc.com/p808/bu...s/gringo-s/-gringo-s-helmet-white-tri-stripe/

2 new helmets coming :excited:

The Nexx will be used for more spirited driving and long trips and the Gringo for city and relaxed driving.

Thanks to all for your answers :thumbsup:
Great looking helmet, but how is this ventilated?
 
I'm with Roper. I love the Shoei RF1200 too. Super comfortable, light and easy too wear my glasses. Quiet too, I'm always surprised how noisy it gets when I crack the visor open. Most important, Snell rated. DOT don't cut it.
 
I have an LS2 3/4 helmet and it actually has vents on top, although the're not pushing much air. Found it on clearance for $99, worth every penny.

NEXX XG100R looks rad as he**, the graphic options are amazing.

But I will never again buy a helmet online without trying it on first. Bought me a gorgeous and expensive Nolan few years back and just couldn't wear it. Something about the head shape, not just size. My oval-headed friend is rocking that helmet right now and it fits him like a glove. Poorly fitted helmet will cause you to fatigue much faster on long rides, get yours fitted properly.
 
Back
Top