Chrome cylinder head cap

Juancho76_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Howdy fellers...trying to find some info on the removal of these chrome caps? Seems to me that they are snapped on with some adhesive? Attempting to remove without damage. I am fixated on removing and painting black!

Any info would be helpful. I'm about to order 4 because I feel impatient and know I'll probably damage them in removal process. Thx in advance!

66c8ef7f9cac99e244ca4e410ec5be7b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yeah...that's the answer I sort of knew was coming just didn't want to hear! Thanks Popgun!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Kinda like the trend of your bike Juancho. Almost low-maintenance from the image snippet? No front fender, nicely matt-black headers, elimination of chrome caps, gaiters.
 
As an experiment, you might try coating them with gun-blue and getting the engine hot. Depending on the material in the metal, that could turn them a little darker without having to remove them. Like I said, it would be an experiment. Keep us posted and good luck.
 
why not just tape them off and spray them?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
why not just tape them off and spray them?

Thanks fellas!

Ferret, good idea. I'm probably going to give that a shot for the time being. Found four online, will sand and paint for future work.

Always have a plan b..c...d etc! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nachodaddy_imp said:
As an experiment, you might try coating them with gun-blue and getting the engine hot. Depending on the material in the metal, that could turn them a little darker without having to remove them. Like I said, it would be an experiment. Keep us posted and good luck.

Great option, didn't think of that. Have 4 ordered so that's my backup

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
Kinda like the trend of your bike Juancho. Almost low-maintenance from the image snippet? No front fender, nicely matt-black headers, elimination of chrome caps, gaiters.

Thanks G.. that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. Not a stripped see-through but a meaty simple naked. I'm trying to justify ordering some Kineo black wheels with gold nips. Just hard to spend half the bikes worth on a set of wheels. Really dig the classic look with updated tech!

I do believe I enjoy tinkering on it more than riding it. Lol
2e89f6902ae244a422c3dcc490e9ec06.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
[/QUOTE]

I do believe I enjoy tinkering on it more than riding it. Lol
f41ecdebda9ccca5f972ffa1fd5a73c6.png


[/QUOTE]

That is at least half the fun of owning a bike. One of the great things about this bike is that you don't have to pull off 100 pounds of tupperware to get to the fun parts.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Kinda like the trend of your bike Juancho. Almost low-maintenance from the image snippet? No front fender, nicely matt-black headers, elimination of chrome caps, gaiters.

Thanks bud, that's the exact direction. Simple and subdued. I appreciate the compliment. Just ordered the black rear sets for the bike. Really hoping it helps the geometry of the ride fit.

The black Kineo spokes with gold nips are on my brain lately. Just cant pull the trigger on a wheelset that cost half as much as the bike worth..
4882b970657c6ad2dc83fd16deef67ca.png
still nice to look at!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bud, that's the exact direction. Simple and subdued. I appreciate the compliment. Just ordered the black rear sets for the bike. Really hoping it helps the geometry of the ride fit.

The black Kineo spokes with gold nips are on my brain lately. Just cant pull the trigger on a wheelset that cost half as much as the bike worth..
d56e96d3079478cd2baf70915f1373c9.png
still nice to look at!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

943f2dfc58a6a95a1d8dc59e3f1e99ac.png
, you're absolutely correct!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Vic_imp said:
awaiting updated pictures

Decided to tape it all up and apply some rattlecan to them last night. Pretty happy the way they came out. Went with a gloss to pop off the flat engine color.

I also installed the SW Moto offset risers. Made the Rizoma old school handlebar feel a ton better.

Getting dialed in! Cheers fellas
9d13f6a93abd7240de131ca7d23f0345.png


c4c04dd06fe98b6c65901a9ac1701b44.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some other angles..
c613062b62f1bd6d3d4cbb56210e50b0.jpg


b511386617c290c548d8846363cbb3ce.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Muchas gracias amigos! THIS bike just gets me smiling. Weird i have a 21 CB1000 sitting next to her but the 1100 gets most of my attention.

You guys have a great community as well. Can't say enough about the site and members. Makes the ownership just feel bigger in some respect. Kuddos for everyone on that! Great culture, i hope that never stops.
42a61631af26783cad96b70680ea6f80.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I did, i noticed the pinch weld was starting to bubble and could see rust developing throughout. I purchased with 12k miles and probably ran or left out in the rain. FL has a ton of humidity 11 months out of the year.

I had a locally owned co preform a media blast and a light sand mix. He did a darn good job cleaning out the oxidation. We then decided to powder coat the tank. He charged me 150 for prep, and 150 for the tank. I thought that was very reasonable. He has done various projects for me before.

The emblems were bought on ebay. Metallic background and very good quality.

Removal and installation of the tank and inner pump was very easy. I'd say 30min to remove or install.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thats very interesting....ive been quoted well over 600 for prep/paint on a motorcycle gas tank near me. I was curious as to how it compared. Sounds like they were trying to rip me right off.
 
Juancho76_imp said:
Vic_imp said:
awaiting updated pictures

Decided to tape it all up and apply some rattlecan to them last night. Pretty happy the way they came out. Went with a gloss to pop off the flat engine color.

I also installed the SW Moto offset risers. Made the Rizoma old school handlebar feel a ton better.

Getting dialed in! Cheers fellas
9d13f6a93abd7240de131ca7d23f0345.png


c4c04dd06fe98b6c65901a9ac1701b44.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some other angles..
c613062b62f1bd6d3d4cbb56210e50b0.jpg


b511386617c290c548d8846363cbb3ce.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top