Christmas 2019: Your Ride "Dream Wish"?

GoldOxide_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
For me, I currently have that the 2020 1100 cc Honda Africa Twin in my head ...



I am not sure why. It is not pretty, but less ugly than usual. The size is right for me, certainly better than my CB1100. I don't like spoked wheels on non-classics, so I can't precisely pin down what is pulling at my soul. Nevertheless, like many Christmas "Wishes", or shall I say, "Dream Wish", we can 't always get what we want.

- - -

Here's what some others have shared:

What Bikes Would The RideApart Team Like For Christmas This Year?

[url=https://www.rideapart.com/articles/387878/rideapart-christmas-wish-list-bikes/]
 
OK, let's say your dream came through, which one would you trade in or sell, or could you keep all three Hondas??
 
Thread starter
In my domain, I would not be permitted to keep all three, and likely it would be just the one. :-/

Sheltered space is an issue too. :dodgy:
 
going to have to ponder. Pretty happy with what I have

however the bike in the illustration above was my first new street bike...a 1965 50CC Aermacchi ( badged Harley Davidson) M 50

just like this one my buddy the collector bought. I paid $318 new he paid $3400 lol

08381b8c558fb7eecd65c461339e8603.jpg


For the record I wanted a Honda C110 50cc sport but my dad said no to a Japanese bike.
 
Thread starter
Still a great pose there Ferret.

It is sometimes comforting to dream and touch (as you are) objects of dreams past.
 
Good thread GO. Can’t get a new Monkey out of my head. With a Goldwing, a CB1100 and and Z50 in the garage, I’m sure another bike is what I really need. Plus, your storage situation is similar to mine. I’ve thought about bringing the Z50 into the house. You can imagine my wife’s reaction.
Still.....
b16e1c3306626c533c2b3f0a6c397286.png




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I think it's good to make a list, just in case one can't be found, another would do:

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
626f3d03eb939279b8fc462d9a785c7d.jpg


Suzuki DR650
b2f1bed4c843bb9739dc02b125370ab8.jpg


Husky701
00e08879b569e35d44bbf5113c7a93f8.jpg


Triumph Scrambler
2838db5d8feb66707a1f68a82802862f.png


Royal Enfield Himalayan
0ec54b6412a9bc3f459c7483624eec21.jpg


But I'm happy with my '17 CB1100 and the '07 KLR650.
 
I'm content with the bikes I have. Something better always comes along but after a while, it's a zero-sum game just trying to keep up. So my wish is for dry roads, no wind, and 75-80 degree sunny days so I can go for a long ride and change the air in my head. I know it'll happen next summer, but I wish it would happen now.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm content with the bikes I have. Something better always comes along but after a while, it's a zero-sum game just trying to keep up. So my wish is for dry roads, no wind, and 75-80 degree sunny days so I can go for a long ride and change the air in my head. I know it'll happen next summer, but I wish it would happen now.
Good one LR. Merry Christmas.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm content with the bikes I have. Something better always comes along but after a while, it's a zero-sum game just trying to keep up. So my wish is for dry roads, no wind, and 75-80 degree sunny days so I can go for a long ride and change the air in my head. I know it'll happen next summer, but I wish it would happen now.
Exactly - except for me it's "bike" - singular.
 
I'm happy with what I have. But, when my parents remodeled, they added a golf cart garage. They never bought a cart, however, so that's just space for two motorcycles that isn't being used. I'm always thinking of what low-cost, low-maintenance bike I'd like to put in there so I have something to ride when I visit mom and have to run around to get things for her. Leaning toward a KLR 650.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I'm happy with what I have. But, when my parents remodeled, they added a golf cart garage. They never bought a cart, however, so that's just space for two motorcycles that isn't being used. I'm always thinking of what low-cost, low-maintenance bike I'd like to put in there so I have something to ride when I visit mom and have to run around to get things for her. Leaning toward a KLR 650.
I've had my '07 KLR since August of '08 and it's been a great bike. I bought it used with 2k miles and I've put 43k more on it and have had no problems to speak of. On one trip a fuse blew, but other than that...nada. Oil changes, easy, plenty of inexpensive tires to choose from, valve check, not too bad (but I've always had help with a few friends on this one), change chain and sprockets = straightforward. Radiator, brake fluid, pads...all easy to do. Tons of online videos on how to do anything.

Big gas tank, rear rack already there, put a box (or milk crate if you want to do it right) on the rack and you've got storage. Underpowered...I suppose. But it's enough for hiway riding and it's a billy goat when you want to have fun. I've ridden mine a couple times from OR to Mexico and Central America. Now it's my daily commute and all weather bike. It just keeps on going.
 
I rode a buddy's KLR once about 25 miles. I was surprised it was as fast as it was. It was plenty fast on the St Rt two lane we were riding. I was also surprised how much it vibrated. Maybe not so much vibrated as shook that you could feel with each piston stroke. Not sure how to describe it, although I could tell it wasn't an I-4 lol. Probably make a great winter bike around here, although for me a 250 would probably be better.
 
In spite of all the alluring models these days, I haven't been moved to get something newer/better. I'm happy with what I have.
Maybe I'm just too easily satisfied and comfortable with what I have :P:P
 
Back
Top