Chomping At The Bit...

Damfino_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
 
Know how ya feel, but soon all this agony will just be a distant fading memory..like the winter of 77-78.
 
Thread starter
Wasn't that the winter of '78-'79? :huh::D

Edit: I see now that Cinci had a bad one in 77-78. I think Chicago had it bad in 78-79...
 
Damfino_imp said:
Wasn't that the winter of '78-'79? :huh::D

Edit: I see now that Cinci had a bad one in 77-78. I think Chicago had it bad in 78-79...
Chicago had it bad BOTH years. Those two wnters are the worst on record there. I know.....I was there.
Damfino_imp said:
Wasn't that the winter of '78-'79? :huh::D

Edit: I see now that Cinci had a bad one in 77-78. I think Chicago had it bad in 78-79...
Chicago had it bad BOTH years. Those two wnters are the worst on record there. I know.....I was there.
 
Damfino_imp said:
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
Wow, you got your driver's license at 16? We here in the ultra-safe state of NJ have to wait till age 17. Back in the day I used to sneak out my dad's dump truck to ride the main drag through town just to satisfy the urge to drive. I was also known to sneak out my old '67 Kawasaki 120 Roadrunner at 3 AM with my buddy on his Yamaha 100 Trailmaster, just to see what it was like to shift through all the gears. As I remember, my top end speed was about 45 MPH or so...
Hey, that might be a cool new thread-confessions about what kind of shinanigans people did on their bikes when we were more foolish!
 
Well here's another great video to keep you going while you count the days and more to the fact, puts faces to the great Honda guy's (and girl!) behind the bike! Enjoy :thumbsup:
 
Damfino_imp said:
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
Is that the Honda delivery freighter, or a metaphor for your bank account?
 
cb4kenco_imp said:
Well here's another great video to keep you going while you count the days and more to the fact, puts faces to the great Honda guy's (and girl!) behind the bike! Enjoy :thumbsup:
Pure bike porn.....love those spokes.....2015 maybe.....:biker:
 
cb4kenco_imp said:
Well here's another great video to keep you going while you count the days and more to the fact, puts faces to the great Honda guy's (and girl!) behind the bike! Enjoy :thumbsup:
Nice vid :thumbsup: I just kept saying "Ooh sweet" when they were showing the EX
 
Thread starter
tbone455_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
Wow, you got your driver's license at 16? We here in the ultra-safe state of NJ have to wait till age 17. Back in the day I used to sneak out my dad's dump truck to ride the main drag through town just to satisfy the urge to drive. I was also known to sneak out my old '67 Kawasaki 120 Roadrunner at 3 AM with my buddy on his Yamaha 100 Trailmaster, just to see what it was like to shift through all the gears. As I remember, my top end speed was about 45 MPH or so...
Hey, that might be a cool new thread-confessions about what kind of shinanigans people did on their bikes when we were more foolish!
I actually signed up for drivers ed. on my 15th birthday. (Private school paid for by my father as a birthday present! He was a helluva guy, even bought me my first new Honda - 1977 XL75 - upon graduation from 6th grade ) Finished the school in a month or so and was driving on permit, (with a parent or other licensed driver in the car) for almost the full year before I turned 16. My first day fully licensed, I thought I'd show off for my friends, cut a cookie in the freshly fallen snow and hit three parked cars! :rolleyes:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
Is that the Honda delivery freighter, or a metaphor for your bank account?


Is that the Honda delivery freighter, or a metaphor for your bank account?
After a little shopping with Takashi (Is he the one everyone refers to as Mr. T?) I'd have to say both! :D
 
cb4kenco_imp said:
Well here's another great video to keep you going while you count the days and more to the fact, puts faces to the great Honda guy's (and girl!) behind the bike! Enjoy :thumbsup:
That vid is simply outstanding
The black forks on the black bike just don't work for me
 
cb4kenco_imp said:
Well here's another great video to keep you going while you count the days and more to the fact, puts faces to the great Honda guy's (and girl!) behind the bike! Enjoy :thumbsup:
Boy I wish I didn’t see that video.

I love my 2013 CB1100 and am completely satisfied with it, but after viewing the video long for a silver engine and dual mufflers! I’ll also be curious to hear of the 2014 seat is more comfortable.
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
cb4kenco_imp said:
Well here's another great video to keep you going while you count the days and more to the fact, puts faces to the great Honda guy's (and girl!) behind the bike! Enjoy :thumbsup:
Pure bike porn.....love those spokes.....2015 maybe.....:biker:
Pure bike porn.....love those spokes.....2015 maybe.....:biker: Know what you mean. I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure the wife wasn't watching...
Damfino_imp said:
tbone455_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
Wow, you got your driver's license at 16? We here in the ultra-safe state of NJ have to wait till age 17. Back in the day I used to sneak out my dad's dump truck to ride the main drag through town just to satisfy the urge to drive. I was also known to sneak out my old '67 Kawasaki 120 Roadrunner at 3 AM with my buddy on his Yamaha 100 Trailmaster, just to see what it was like to shift through all the gears. As I remember, my top end speed was about 45 MPH or so...
Hey, that might be a cool new thread-confessions about what kind of shinanigans people did on their bikes when we were more foolish!
I actually signed up for drivers ed. on my 15th birthday. (Private school paid for by my father as a birthday present! He was a helluva guy, even bought me my first new Honda - 1977 XL75 - upon graduation from 6th grade ) Finished the school in a month or so and was driving on permit, (with a parent or other licensed driver in the car) for almost the full year before I turned 16. My first day fully licensed, I thought I'd show off for my friends, cut a cookie in the freshly fallen snow and hit three parked cars! :rolleyes:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
Is that the Honda delivery freighter, or a metaphor for your bank account?


Is that the Honda delivery freighter, or a metaphor for your bank account?
After a little shopping with Takashi (Is he the one everyone refers to as Mr. T?) I'd have to say both! :D
I actually signed up for drivers ed. on my 15th birthday. (Private school paid for by my father as a birthday present! He was a helluva guy, even bought me my first new Honda - 1977 XL75 - upon graduation from 6th grade ) Finished the school in a month or so and was driving on permit, (with a parent or other licensed driver in the car) for almost the full year before I turned 16. My first day fully licensed, I thought I'd show off for my friends, cut a cookie in the freshly fallen snow and hit three parked cars! :rolleyes:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Cursing the fact that more snow is falling outside my window, and more is due this coming weekend! WHY, OH WHY! HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME HONDA!! How could you just refine an already decent bike and force me to visit my dealer, only to pledge to throw all my hard earned money at him for the next couple of years!? Should I even add the fact that it's for a bike that hasn't reached our shores yet!? I'm even on a first name basis with Takashi who probably knows more about my bank account than I do! I tell ya, it feels like when I was 15 waiting for 16 so I could get my license. Why is the end of March so far away!? What if the boat it comes over on, sinks?

331cd5aeccfaefb34e71a5a867eeed2c.0;attach=252133;image


Oh the humanity!!
Is that the Honda delivery freighter, or a metaphor for your bank account?
Is that the Honda delivery freighter, or a metaphor for your bank account?
After a little shopping with Takashi (Is he the one everyone refers to as Mr. T?) I'd have to say both! :D
Anybody notice in that video the little red flashing light at the bottom of the tach? Wonder if that's a factory security system light? (Obviously not available here). Also, I could swear that somewhere I've seen a picture or video of a CB 1100 that had an amber light at the bottom of the tach spelling out the letters ETC. Either somewhere on planet earth there are CB 1100's with Electronic Traction Control, or, waiting for my 2014 to arrive is causing me to have some very imaginative dreams! :D
 
Damfino_imp said:
Quote:I'm sure Dad was thrilled with your first day results, huh?Wink
'Dad' never found out! ;)
'Dad' never found out! ;)
I can relate...my poor dad only knew a fraction of the stuff I did on wheels:s
 
Thread starter
Did anybody notice in that video the little red flashing light at the bottom of the tach? Wonder if that's a factory security system light? (Obviously not available here). Also, I could swear that somewhere I've seen a picture or video of a CB 1100 that had an amber light at the bottom of the tach spelling out the letters ETC. Either somewhere on planet earth there are CB 1100's with Electronic Traction Control, or, waiting for my 2014 to arrive is causing me to have some very imaginative dreams! :D
 
Damfino_imp said:
Did anybody notice in that video the little red flashing light at the bottom of the tach? Wonder if that's a factory security system light? (Obviously not available here). Also, I could swear that somewhere I've seen a picture or video of a CB 1100 that had an amber light at the bottom of the tach spelling out the letters ETC. Either somewhere on planet earth there are CB 1100's with Electronic Traction Control, or, waiting for my 2014 to arrive is causing me to have some very imaginative dreams! :D
Yes saw the light ( at 4:02 in the vid) and wondered what the heck? Also seen the ETC lit up like you are talking about but don't remember where :huh:

Man, that red EX is just stunning...STUNNING!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Did anybody notice in that video the little red flashing light at the bottom of the tach? Wonder if that's a factory security system light? (Obviously not available here). Also, I could swear that somewhere I've seen a picture or video of a CB 1100 that had an amber light at the bottom of the tach spelling out the letters ETC. Either somewhere on planet earth there are CB 1100's with Electronic Traction Control, or, waiting for my 2014 to arrive is causing me to have some very imaginative dreams! :D
Yes saw the light ( at 4:02 in the vid) and wondered what the heck? Also seen the ETC lit up like you are talking about but don't remember where :huh:

Man, that red EX is just stunning...STUNNING!
Good! At least I know I wasn't imagining it!!
 
Damfino_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Did anybody notice in that video the little red flashing light at the bottom of the tach? Wonder if that's a factory security system light? (Obviously not available here). Also, I could swear that somewhere I've seen a picture or video of a CB 1100 that had an amber light at the bottom of the tach spelling out the letters ETC. Either somewhere on planet earth there are CB 1100's with Electronic Traction Control, or, waiting for my 2014 to arrive is causing me to have some very imaginative dreams! :D
Yes saw the light ( at 4:02 in the vid) and wondered what the heck? Also seen the ETC lit up like you are talking about but don't remember where :huh:

Man, that red EX is just stunning...STUNNING!
Good! At least I know I wasn't imagining it!!
Good! At least I know I wasn't imagining it!!

Nope not imagining it..the red EX IS Stunning! ;)
 
Back
Top