ChicDesign Fenders

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Has anyone installed a ChicDesign short rear fender on their bike? It’s fiberglass construction and comes unpainted or in factory colors. And for a premium, you can get it chrome plated. The fender includes a small Lucas taillight and wiring harness with plug-in coupler. Seems like a fairly simple install.

CHIC DESIGN - CB1100 ショートタイプフェンダー リア ルーカス L

c33185507029787f479ed42fd328a7bf.jpg


2c6d8fc46b4dc30e478c13c85e5ad7bf.jpg


I’m not a big fan of the squared off tail section, but I do like the overall look. I’m considering the chrome version.

I’m also considering Chic Design’s red front fender. (the “short” one, not the long fender).

CHIC DESIGN - CB1100 スポーツフェンダー フロント

A dilemma for me is that the factory chrome metal fenders were a major selling point when I bought the bike. Decisions, Decisions.
 
My initial response to the fender on the Samurider site was positive, mainly because of my desire to strip the bike down a little and also rid it of the rather ungainly stock tail light. But I've mellowed. And now I like the big chrome fenders as they are on the stock bike. But I do like the Chic, especially in the chrome, or in red, and the lucas tail light, which I've had on my Bonneville to replace the stock horror, is cool. Do what floats your boat, you could always sell it if you don't like the outcome.
 
Seeing all the classic CBs they had on display at the AIM Expo was a revelation. Again and again I saw the styling cues from the early CBs reflected in our bikes. Like the tail light and chrome fenders.

Having said that: the chrome fender above is gorgeous. As long as you keep your original parts, why not try it out?
 
I have the chic design short front and rear fenders in mat black coming in a couple weeks I hope. They were ordered last week. I'll post some pics when I get them installed....
 
Thread starter
I think Takashi's price is a typo. The chrome fender is 63,000 yen directly from ChicDesign, and $586 from Webike ( with free shipping). That's still astronomical, but so far those steep prices hasn't stopped many of us. After all, it's a CB1100 that we're modifying. Only the most expensive stuff will do.
 
How do you chrome fiberglass? Well, if they can chrome plastic I guess they can chrome fiberglass
 
The price is correct, it is hard to tell by looking but it is plastic. I have the long chrome front for sale, half price if anyone wants it.
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I have the chic design short front and rear fenders in mat black coming in a couple weeks I hope. They were ordered last week. I'll post some pics when I get them installed....
Good Deal! Would you take photos of the rear fender with the electrical connectors for the tailight? Would like to see before I purchase....

thanks!:biker:
 
Thread starter
I ordered a Chic Design front and rear fender in red. Install on both appear to be a snap, quite literally in terms of the electrical connection for the light.

Kenfyoozed - make sure to post pitures when your fenders arrive. Did you order a long or "short" front fender?
 
Any of you guys want to sell your stock rear fender?
Thinking about chopping mine, but would be nice to have a backup in case I screw it up.
 
Thread starter
Got the "good" email from Takashi yesterday:

Your order has shipped today!

*Chic Design: Rear Fender, Short type #CB-RF1*Candy Glory Red.
*TSR: Air intake funnel :CB1100 (tsr0026)-

The other matching fender was ordered a week later, and since
practically everyone in Japan is on a 1 week winter break I don't expect it until mid January.

Branew - I'm hanging on to my stock components for now. But if someone messes up their bike and needs a lot of components (bar ends, levers, foot pegs, exhaust, turn signals etc) I might be willing to sell the lot at a steep discount.

But then again I might need them. It's been a month since I've been able to ride. I'm going to take a chance of navigating my mostly snow covered, 600 ft, uphill driveway so I can finally take a ride. Should hit 45 today!!!
 
Your bike is a showcase CB4ME. Stunning.
 
Mr CB4ME:

That is one of the best looking motorcycles I have seen in a long time.
Outstanding!!!!
 
Back
Top