CHIC Sports Trunk Seat

Motogeezer1949_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Seriously considering giving it a go. With the drag bars, bar end mirrors and full Yosh system I think that'll satiate my modification lust. Eric's good with it - why shouldn't he be, right? :) He likes the mods I usually end up doing to my bikes. I was going to get my own CB then I thought, screw it. I'll just fix his up if he's good with it. Save me about 10k right off the bat plus I'll ride it whenever I want. I'll be getting my old FZ-1 back from my other son one of these days, maybe Eric will be interested in riding together by then :) hope you guys are all doing well!
 
It's a beautiful seat, I almost bought it before going with the K&H cafe seat, which I bought used. Only thing is I believe the Trunk seat would look better with a truncated (or, trunk-ated) rear fender, like the one Samurider sells). Either way, it's a beaut!
 
Geez -

Here's a picture of Chic Design's short rear fender. I'm surprised Chic doesn't show their Sports Trunk on their rear fender, but this should give you an idea.

I think the combination would look awesome!!

3d7119e26c00f8546659d22589af4151.jpg
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
After a little aesthetic consideration, I decided I agree with CAPO. Ordered the CHIC Sport seat and the chrome short fender with the mini Lucas style taillight from Web!ke at HONDA CB1100EX Custom Parts - Webike today.
Prices were excellent and shipping was free. Will keep you posted on ETA and such.
Here's a pic of a painted fender with the Sport seat. http://img.webike.net/photo/article/40/1345950368240L.jpg
Way to go! Can't wait for a picture of your newly- sculpted rear end! The CB1100's that is....
 
Thread starter
Yea, Capo was definitely correct. I like how the line of the tail of the seat appears to be continued on down the fender and tag. Plus the smaller taillight is in good scale :)
Just received the electronic word: Expected arrival date by March 24.
 
Thread starter
Revised arrival date for the CHIC Sport Trunk Seat: April 3. Bet they're making it!
Good thing I'm not in any hurry. I'll have definitely have the Yosh and the new rear tire on for Bike Week, maybe the drag bars.
 
Look on page 1 of this thread. You don't use it with the stock seat, it replaces it.
 
Yeah, that is a good looking bike. I like the looks of the low seat, but the stock one works well for me.

We are a little disjointed on this forum, and tend to get off subject pretty fast but if you search around, you will find a LOT of info and mods, etc. Or, just ask and someone will answer again. :)
 
Got it. Still wish I could find a thread about how to "Eliminate Rear Fender". Mod prices are adding up quick and would be a great way to save a few hundred dollars.
The search continues.
 
Yup, thanks popgun. Doesn't seem to be a popular option / modification from what I've been reading. But I like, what I like. Thanks for the link !
 
Yeah, I don't remember seeing many/any fender eliminations other than that one, but there have been a number of tail light bracket mods. Most of them look really good too. Cleans up the rear end, if that's your thing.
 
Back
Top