Chic Sport Trunk Seat arrived!

That just looks bad assery, and I don't impress easy, don't make me have to go buy a 14 and copy it...:P Who am I kiddin', I still like my 13 with the chip beck corbin with matching side covers, I guess I could add this seat to it, but I'm cheap and already invested with the chip corbin....dang it...:thumbsup:
 
Nice job Rebel ! Bike looks Super ! The stripe looks professionally done. Are you considering the Road Comet cowl ? I might wait a year and add both, it would be like getting a whole new bike.

Just noticed the red stripes on the rims, very cool as well. Where did you get them ?
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
Nice job Rebel ! Bike looks Super ! The stripe looks professionally done. Are you considering the Road Comet cowl ? I might wait a year and add both, it would be like getting a whole new bike.

Just noticed the red stripes on the rims, very cool as well. Where did you get them ?
Got them on Ebay, Chapomis. I'll say if I can get a link for you.
Papa Weeley_imp said:
If you can manage it, I'd love to know what that seat height is (from the ground up)!
I'll see what I can do :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
Nice job Rebel ! Bike looks Super ! The stripe looks professionally done. Are you considering the Road Comet cowl ? I might wait a year and add both, it would be like getting a whole new bike.

Just noticed the red stripes on the rims, very cool as well. Where did you get them ?
I might consider the Comet cowl down the line. For now, I'm happy with the low profile look of the Dart screen.
 
Very Nice!

Can you feel the mini back rest at all. Does it just keep you from sliding back under acceleration or do you feel some lower back support out of it.

First seat I've seen I could actually see spending the money to get!

My only problem would what to do with my tail bag, but not a biggie.

btw....what phone bracket holder are you using that you trust enough to hang on during bumps and stuff?
 
Rebel, question for you. How did you install your plate on the chic design fender. I installed my fender today and then found out that the plate didn't match the holes in the fender. I did use some tin snips and modified the holes in the plate to come in closer a little but can't use my plate frame. I see you have a plate frame on yours but seems the bolts are real close to the edge of the fender. Thanks.
 
So, inquiring minds want to know...how's it feel? Have you had a chance to get some mileage on it yet? Better or worse than stock saddle, etc.?
 
Thread starter
PW, other than riding around town and to work, I haven't had a chance to put significant mileage on it. It feels good, though, and the little built-in support definitely makes you feel more secure when taking off quickly - no sliding off the seat sensation.

I've got some long group rides coming up so I'll be sure to get back to you.
 
definately one of the best looking cb's on the board!

but I have question, about a specific bolt on the rear grab handle of your DX model, I encircled it blue:


does that bolt indicate that you can perhaps change the angle of the grab handle?

Like, I'd like to install specifc rack called the Fehling rack, or sometimes I see it on board as a Tokaido rack.
Nonetheless, same rack:


Another pic of that rack but on a 2014 model!
f68cb37cccf46e179d4bf73eda79274c.jpg


Point it, that rack only fits on a pre 2014 model..
However that user on the second picture did some adjustments to make it fit, but dunno what, yet...

Reason why it wont fit the 2014- models is because the grab handle is more horizontal than on the new 2014- models, here a picture where you can clearly see the difference:


So the question is if that bolt allows you to change the angle of that grab handle?


thx a lot dude!
 
Back
Top