Check your clips!

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Not sure if I shared this little tech-tip or not. Recently while giving my bike a good going-over and engine detail, I noticed that the protective plastic-dip coating on the clips that secure the wire bundle that runs under the right side of the engine was peeling off due to age and engine heat. 

I removed both of the clips and peeled off the rest of the coating. Then, I put some heat shrink tubing on the clips to make a new protective coating, and reinstalled the clips. An easy fix. Might want to give your clips a look-see!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4956.webp
    IMG_4956.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 73
Thread starter
dave said:
Gone in 60 said:
Thanks for the tip, I'll check my bike today. Cute bell.

Thanks. It's from my wife and says "Please ride safe. I need you here with me."
As opposed to the one she bought for my other bike that says "Don't F$&%n Die"
 
Back
Top