check engine light stays on, on my 2017

Thread starter
This morning I took my 2017 to my local dealer to have the check engine light looked at. Both O2 sensors gave an error code , the bike run great after I removed the O2 sensor eliminator, as it did before I fitted them !. It cost me less than $ 20 to have it looked at .
MR Motorcycles in Ashville always give me great service. Warning to 2017 owners :be careful with O2 sensor eliminators because they seem to give problems with codes. I had used the earlier year eliminators but there is a guy in the UK now selling them for the 2017 , they are probably slightly different than the previous ones although the 2013-2014 will fit the 2017. Anyone interested in eliminators ? $10 , comes with a plug for the exhaust and free shipping in CONUS.
 
Glad to hear is fixed. Do you have written down your DTCs, please?
Wonder what was the resistance for these eliminators, or wrong pin configurations??, pics ??
:)
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Glad to hear is fixed. Do you have written down your DTCs, please?
Wonder what was the resistance for these eliminators, or wrong pin configurations??, pics ??
:)
No info , the only thing I can say that the eliminators fitted perfectly , same as the 2013 and 2014. They all have the same configuration but the resistance is probably different I guess .
 
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Glad to hear is fixed. Do you have written down your DTCs, please?
Wonder what was the resistance for these eliminators, or wrong pin configurations??, pics ??
:)
No info , the only thing I can say that the eliminators fitted perfectly , same as the 2013 and 2014. They all have the same configuration but the resistance is probably different I guess .
No info , the only thing I can say that the eliminators fitted perfectly , same as the 2013 and 2014. They all have the same configuration but the resistance is probably different I guess .
:thumbsup:
 
I'm interested in the eliminators for 2017RS. Where can i get it? Thanks

Houtman_imp said:
This morning I took my 2017 to my local dealer to have the check engine light looked at. Both O2 sensors gave an error code , the bike run great after I removed the O2 sensor eliminator, as it did before I fitted them !. It cost me less than $ 20 to have it looked at .
MR Motorcycles in Ashville always give me great service. Warning to 2017 owners :be careful with O2 sensor eliminators because they seem to give problems with codes. I had used the earlier year eliminators but there is a guy in the UK now selling them for the 2017 , they are probably slightly different than the previous ones although the 2013-2014 will fit the 2017. Anyone interested in eliminators ? $10 , comes with a plug for the exhaust and free shipping in CONUS.
 
Look like the O2 eliminator for Rs 2017 from Wheelzconnectrs not working. Have tried on mine but the check engine light still on, though have the old codes erased.

Houtman_imp said:
Google wheelzconnectrs in England and yes wheelz is the right spelling for his business.
 
Thread starter
Are the 2017 more sensitive to the O2 sensor removal ? , how did your bike run with the check engine light on ?
 
Does the RS have 2 O2 sensors? If so Itstuantran, did you put eliminators on both of them?
 
Yes, the RS has 2 O2 sensors and i have installed 2 eliminators but the CEL still stays on after installation. I did have the old error code erased but i just come back after a while of riding.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Does the RS have 2 O2 sensors? If so Itstuantran, did you put eliminators on both of them?
 
Bike running perfect but the CEL keeps staying on.

Houtman_imp said:
Are the 2017 more sensitive to the O2 sensor removal ? , how did your bike run with the check engine light on ?
Bike running perfect but the CEL keeps staying on.

Houtman_imp said:
Are the 2017 more sensitive to the O2 sensor removal ? , how did your bike run with the check engine light on ?
 
Just have the O2 sensor measured (RS 2017), no reading for heater resistor for both sensors (properly the heater resistors gone) and only 20 ohm for sensors as in picture below, not much knowledge on this. Does any one have any idea on this? Thanks
 
Back
Top