chain adjustment

Southwend

Running like a top
Thread starter
can't locate the manual.
2 quick questions,

1. adjust chain on centerstand or kick stand?

2. adjust to what degree of slack?

Thanks in advance
 
Center stand.

There is a how to on this. Look for Ferret's How To for the 600 mile check.

I think too, its on the sticker on the swingarm.

OK, Curly posted just as I did...
 
And ... in my opinion, it's better at the tighter end of spec.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
And ... in my opinion, it's better at the tighter end of spec.
Not sure what you mean by better but for me I like the chains loose. You have to account for suspension compression to calculate the true play in the chain. For a big dude like me I compress the suspension alot so a tight chain puts a lot of stress on the driveline components.
 
My experience has been that the gearbox feels a great deal smoother when the chain is at the tighter end of spec. It gets clunkier as it loosens. I'm a smaller dude so I go for tighter.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
My experience has been that the gearbox feels a great deal smoother when the chain is at the tighter end of spec. It gets clunkier as it loosens. I'm a smaller dude so I go for tighter.
I find this as well. No roll-on roll-off clunks, no banging into gear from neutral and no hard shifts. I've always kept mine at the tighter end of the spec.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
My experience has been that the gearbox feels a great deal smoother when the chain is at the tighter end of spec. It gets clunkier as it loosens. I'm a smaller dude so I go for tighter.
I bet you do! lol
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
My experience has been that the gearbox feels a great deal smoother when the chain is at the tighter end of spec. It gets clunkier as it loosens. I'm a smaller dude so I go for tighter.
I bet you do! lol
I bet you do! lol
Boom, boom, tish! :beerchug:
 
Back
Top