Beto Rocco_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Some photos of the Honda CBX 6 cylinders for those who like to remember.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Yes, amazing.Gone in 60_imp said:Such an awesome machine.
Sweet! Thanks, Cormanus. I'll have to see how well that will print out. I don't have enough motorcycle art in my office.Cormanus_imp said:Mr Gone: Google Search
It has a thin black oil cooler on top of the engine.Tev62_imp said:It is interesting to see how much the fined design extends down into the front of the engine castings compared to the CB1100, presumably to aid in engine cooling. Did the CBX not have an oil cooler, I can't see one or is it buried in the shadows? Good move if so, giving an unobstructed view of those six pipes.
It has a thin black oil cooler on top of the engine.Beto Rocco_imp said:It has a thin black oil cooler on top of the engine.Tev62_imp said:It is interesting to see how much the fined design extends down into the front of the engine castings compared to the CB1100, presumably to aid in engine cooling. Did the CBX not have an oil cooler, I can't see one or is it buried in the shadows? Good move if so, giving an unobstructed view of those six pipes.
Because it's black, it's really hard to see in the photos, but in the X-ray picture it's item G

Yes, I think that is what fooled me into thinking it didn't have one.GoldOxide_imp said:Honda oil coolers were so tiny in the early 1980s.

I had this original Honda advertisement, but on moving house, I must have missed it.j3gq_imp said:Indeed very nice, Beto, thank you for posting.
Where did you find the brochure, in your closet or online ?
Very nice indeed, Beto, thanks for posting.
Where did you find the brochure, in your closet or online ?
If I could find a well maintained CBX like this, I'd buy it just for the heck of it ... keep riding the CB1100, and admire that beast in my garage.

A wee bit better for you Gin60? I grabbed this one today from an actual CBX ...Gone in 60_imp said:I think I want to track down a high resolution version of that black and white engine shot and frame it for my office.