CB's Burlier Cousin

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
I've had a hankering for a big Japanese muscle bike. Every year on my trip to the TT I drool over The sheer number and desirability of Suzuki 1300, Yamaha 1400 and Honda 1300 cc retro nakeds. Only one ever sold here is the Kawi ZRX, so I took the plunge and added one to the stable. Just arrived yesterday, perfectly timed with the single best day of winter (also benefitted the Super Bowl!)

It's a 2005 ZRX1200, good shape with some nice mods including a full Muzzy exhaust. 125+ bhp. 30 miles or so of careful scratching yesterday indicates it will be fun come spring, and a nice compliment to it's more upscale and refined cousin, the CB1100.

b3f81e340adf8526c84e143090ee8fc3.jpg
 
Oh man, very cool motorcycle. The Japanese inline 4 muscle bikes like that are soooo much fun to ride. Everyone that has ever owned one of those just waxes eloquently about what great bikes they are. Congrats you lucky dog.
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Very cool. Always have been a closet Kaw man and so wish they would start building standards again to sell over here.
My first two ' real' motorcycles were Kawasakis. A 125 Enduro and an H1 500 triple, back in the '70's. Real soft spot for the brand. I rented a Z100SX ( known here, unfortunately as the Ninja 1000) in the UK a few years back and really dug it. If i ever decide to seriously sport tour, it would be high on my list.
OldF7Guy' pid='25093' dateline='1391436158 said:
Don't know why I got triple- replied so I edited.
 
Very nice acquisition. I've lusted over those often, and have considered finding one just as you've done.

Nice guy that I am, if you ship yours to California, I'll be sure to give it plenty of on-road attention during the rest of the winter time---no need to wait 'til spring. See, I'm just a giver like that!

:D

p.s.--enjoy it!
 
Capo_imp said:
I've had a hankering for a big Japanese muscle bike. Every year on my trip to the TT I drool over The sheer number and desirability of Suzuki 1300, Yamaha 1400 and Honda 1300 cc retro nakeds. Only one ever sold here is the Kawi ZRX, so I took the plunge and added one to the stable. Just arrived yesterday, perfectly timed with the single best day of winter (also benefitted the Super Bowl!)

It's a 2005 ZRX1200, good shape with some nice mods including a full Muzzy exhaust. 125+ bhp. 30 miles or so of careful scratching yesterday indicates it will be fun come spring, and a nice compliment to it's more upscale and refined cousin, the CB1100.

b3f81e340adf8526c84e143090ee8fc3.jpg
I'm a former owner of one of these fine machines. I have fond memories of it. The stock mirrors gave me a fine view of my shoulders, so had to replace them with Napoleon bar-ends. I also installed a Laminar Lip to the bikes windshield. It sure was a sweet running machine, with bags of torque everywhere - very similar to the CB1100, just more of it. The Honda is prettier, but Kawasaki's attention to detail was very good too. Much more nicely finished than Suzuki's Bandit was. Standards/nakeds are just so much fun to ride. I used to be a member of a forum for this machine - it's probably still online. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ZRX.
 
Thread starter
thumper_imp said:
Very nice acquisition. I've lusted over those often, and have considered finding one just as you've done.

Nice guy that I am, if you ship yours to California, I'll be sure to give it plenty of on-road attention during the rest of the winter time---no need to wait 'til spring. See, I'm just a giver like that!

:D

p.s.--enjoy it!
Thumper, that's quite an offer, but it will likely reside here in NJ. I am, however, considering keeping a bike in or around LA, where I go on business and pleasure quite often, so you may see the green guy or my Tiger 800 out there at some point.
[/QUOTE]

I I used to be a member of a forum for this machine - it's probably still online. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ZRX.
[/QUOTE]

I've joined the ZRXOA forum, and there's lots of good info there. But, boy, does it illustrate how different the vibe is for every different forum, or perhaps, owner base. Whereas this CB1100 forum is all peace and love, that one is all guns, political spew and attitude. And ZRX's of course. But I like this one better.
 
Had an 86 900 Ninja for over 25 years, sold to my brother a few years ago, it's first engine lasted 65k miles with hundreds if not thousands of red line shifts…this months Cycle World has an 84 on its cover, hope yours lasts as long!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Capo_imp said:
I've had a hankering for a big Japanese muscle bike. Every year on my trip to the TT I drool over The sheer number and desirability of Suzuki 1300, Yamaha 1400 and Honda 1300 cc retro nakeds. Only one ever sold here is the Kawi ZRX, so I took the plunge and added one to the stable. Just arrived yesterday, perfectly timed with the single best day of winter (also benefitted the Super Bowl!)

It's a 2005 ZRX1200, good shape with some nice mods including a full Muzzy exhaust. 125+ bhp. 30 miles or so of careful scratching yesterday indicates it will be fun come spring, and a nice compliment to it's more upscale and refined cousin, the CB1100.

b3f81e340adf8526c84e143090ee8fc3.jpg
I had a 2004 ZRX and it is one of my favorite bikes that I've ever owned. Could do anything with it; cruise, race, tour, 1up, 2 up, and everything else in-between. Would love another one some day, though I wish they had the FI version here in the states.

Nice ride!:biker:
 
Capo_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Very nice acquisition. I've lusted over those often, and have considered finding one just as you've done.

Nice guy that I am, if you ship yours to California, I'll be sure to give it plenty of on-road attention during the rest of the winter time---no need to wait 'til spring. See, I'm just a giver like that!

:D

p.s.--enjoy it!
Thumper, that's quite an offer, but it will likely reside here in NJ. I am, however, considering keeping a bike in or around LA, where I go on business and pleasure quite often, so you may see the green guy or my Tiger 800 out there at some point.

I I used to be a member of a forum for this machine - it's probably still online. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ZRX.
[/QUOTE]

I've joined the ZRXOA forum, and there's lots of good info there. But, boy, does it illustrate how different the vibe is for every different forum, or perhaps, owner base. Whereas this CB1100 forum is all peace and love, that one is all guns, political spew and attitude. And ZRX's of course. But I like this one better.
[/QUOTE]

Isn't that because you meet the nicest people on a Honda?

Ba-Dum-Bum-Crash! :D
 
Back
Top