CB900 Custom oil stopper on valve head

AOrhun_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi everybody,
I own a '82 CB900 Custom which I cherish.
I had to do total strip down of Valve Head recently. Among other things I have seen the "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C are in bad shape and these small parts are not available any more.

Does any one know the function of "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C ?

What happens if I omit installing them.
Thanks for your inputs.
Best Regards
A.Orhun
 
AO this forum is for the modern 2010-2019 Honda CB 1100's but maybe someone will be able to answer your question.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
AO this forum is for the modern 2010-2019 Honda CB 1100's but maybe someone will be able to answer your question.
Thanks for clarification I will try other user groups, but may be that `someone` can be found here as well??

PS.. Try older HONDA`s with carburetors seconding your CB1100`s, you may find them more engaging to ride and care for :) I also own a`86 VF1000 FF.
 
AOrhun_imp said:
Hi everybody,
I own a '82 CB900 Custom which I cherish.
I had to do total strip down of Valve Head recently. Among other things I have seen the "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C are in bad shape and these small parts are not available any more.

Does any one know the function of "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C ?

What happens if I omit installing them.
Thanks for your inputs.
Best Regards
A.Orhun
even if in bad shape best to put back in they fit lots of other bikes look on e-bay for a head that may have them
AOrhun_imp said:
Hi everybody,
I own a '82 CB900 Custom which I cherish.
I had to do total strip down of Valve Head recently. Among other things I have seen the "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C are in bad shape and these small parts are not available any more.

Does any one know the function of "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C ?

What happens if I omit installing them.
Thanks for your inputs.
Best Regards
A.Orhun
try davidsilverspares.com
 
Thread starter
rich_imp said:
AOrhun_imp said:
Hi everybody,
I own a '82 CB900 Custom which I cherish.
I had to do total strip down of Valve Head recently. Among other things I have seen the "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C are in bad shape and these small parts are not available any more.

Does any one know the function of "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C ?

What happens if I omit installing them.
Thanks for your inputs.
Best Regards
A.Orhun
even if in bad shape best to put back in they fit lots of other bikes look on e-bay for a head that may have them
AOrhun_imp said:
Hi everybody,
I own a '82 CB900 Custom which I cherish.
I had to do total strip down of Valve Head recently. Among other things I have seen the "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C are in bad shape and these small parts are not available any more.

Does any one know the function of "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C ?

What happens if I omit installing them.
Thanks for your inputs.
Best Regards
A.Orhun
try davidsilverspares.com
even if in bad shape best to put back in they fit lots of other bikes look on e-bay for a head that may have them
AOrhun_imp said:
Hi everybody,
I own a '82 CB900 Custom which I cherish.
I had to do total strip down of Valve Head recently. Among other things I have seen the "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C are in bad shape and these small parts are not available any more.

Does any one know the function of "Oil Stopper Plate"s (Part no 12241-425-000) situated on Cam Shaft caps B and C ?

What happens if I omit installing them.
Thanks for your inputs.
Best Regards
A.Orhun
try davidsilverspares.com Thanks for support and advice.
I found Oil Stopper Plate pair at eBay and the Oil Stopper Cap (12242-425-000) at DavidSilverSpares.
 
AOrhun, glad you were able to solve the problem. When you have the pieces back in the head, would you please attach a picture or two of them in place so that we know where they go and what they do.
 
The rubber pieces, 12242-425-000 have not been discontinued by Honda. I think the rubber pieces were wedged between the cam bearing caps and the sides of the head to provide a bit of a dam so some oil stays in the right side of the head when the bike is on the sidestand. The 12241-425-000 stopper plates keep the rubber pieces in place.
 
Back
Top